Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sharing time

I love to teach Sharing time at church.
Love it.
This week I got to teach about the restoration of the true church on the earth. My sister found this idea for me about using cups to build a tower with all the people/doctrinal things from when Jesus was on the earth and established the true church, then you start to pull out the apostles off the bottom and the tower falls. You then talk about the apostasy and then rebuild it with our modern day apostles and prophet. That's the basic idea, you can read the full idea here
After church, Maddie played with my cups for quite a while and made this impressive tower.

Ha! I just noticed that she left the "priesthood" cup out. Kind of fitting. We talked about how other churches had bits and pieces of the true church, but none had the priesthood.

I love that my children have such great teachers. I love to hear what they learn. Lindsay came home excited to tell us about the fun memory game they played - which was perfect for their lesson. She can still remember what everyone was going to take with them when they left Jerusalem.

I love that Macie told us about Jesus giving people food. Jer and I both immediately thought about the fish and bread and she said, "no, mom, that's not it. this food would get worms if they didn't eat it." Manna. And as we told her that story, she eagerly shook her head in agreement as we got the story right.

And Maddie. She's learned so much this year. She's been trying so hard to memorize the Articles of Faith. She is the most reverent kid I've ever seen. I am amazed at the difference between "church Maddie" and "home Maddie." Today when I asked her if she learned anything in my sharing time lesson, she said no. I then asked her what it was called when the true church was not on the earth.
"Um...well...it was like athletic or something."
"You mean the apostasy?"
"yeah, that's it."

I am so grateful for all the Primary workers who help teach my children!
(fun fact for ya...our Primary has 20 sets of teachers. That's 40 people. Not to mention 10 more in nursery, 4 in activity days, 10 in scouts, 4 in the Presidency, a chorister and a pianist. That is 70 callings in the Primary).

No comments: