We got it. (And I'm totally kidding about wanting snow). Here's how we ended up in Park City.
My sister and her girls all had the weekend off and wanted to do something fun. We could never agree on what to do or where to go. Thursday night I got frustrated and called my other sister to see what her family was planning on doing. She said she didn't have plans yet. She called me back about 5 hours later and said, "K, here's the scoop. We may be able to get some condos in Park City for a good price, but won't know until tomorrow." So, we didn't know we were going until Friday around 1. When I told Macie we were going, she said, "But mom, I'll be sweaty and tired." She was so not excited about our trip.
Our condo was great! The girls LOVED having a heart-shaped tub. Nothing like sharing the honeymoon sweet with your 3 kids, sister, and her 2 kids! It did have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a bed in the wall - which was also sooo cool (according to my girls).
Saturday we tried out public transportation. We rode the bus down to the outlets. We shopped, took the bus to the Wal-mart exit and ate, then got back on the bus. Before we got on the bus, my Dad called us (in Salt Lake) and asked how to find us. I told him the directions and he said he'd be there at 3:15. It was then 2:20, so we figured we'd be fine. Um, no. We got on the wrong bus and my parents beat us to the condo! Macie took a great nap, and the girls actually loved being on the bus and wanted to ride it again!
The girls went swimming 3 times. They loved going from the hot tub to the "cold" pool. The pool was outside, but covered. It was freezing just sitting there watching them. They would have steam coming off their little bodies when they got out. 38 degrees and snowing.
We walked through Historic Park City Monday morning. The girls so did not like this! Finally bought them a sucker to keep them happy.
We also went up to the Olympic Park and walked through the museum. It was kind of fun. I worked downtown during the Olympics, so it was fun to be reminded of all the craziness of 2002.
Saturday night we decided to go to a movie. The grown-ups were going to go see Pirates, and I was going to take the girls to Kung Fu Panda 2. I dropped Jer off for his movie and headed to McDonald's before our movie started. We got in to McDonald's, Lindsay convinced me to let them get kids meals because they had Kung Fu Panda toys. (I never get kids meals). As I stood at the front of the line, my phone rang. It was Jeramy. He said we had to get back right then if we wanted to get in to our movie. So we left without our food. Lindsay cried.
We got back to the movie theater and found Jeramy in line trying to get a refund for his tickets. The only seats in his movie available were front row and apparently they were so close that they could touch the screen.
So, no movie for us.
And then the grown-ups decided to go to Panda Express.
Panda. Just pour some salt in that wound.
No kids meal.
No movie.
Tears.
We promised Lindsay a kids meal on Monday and the movie.
Monday we went to McDonald's.
She got her toy.
She opened it.
"I don't like this one."
More tears when I told her she had to keep it.
And the movie was sold out.
All day.
So then I promised her we'd go to Rango when we got home.
Then I fell asleep and missed it.
"Mom, you ruin everything. This is all your fault."
Yup.
Worst mom ever.
But now we are watching "How to Train Your Dragon" as a family and I seem to be forgiven.
All in all, we had fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment