Monday, July 12, 2010

How much do I love her, let me count the pieces...

It's Macie's birthday. Technically it's not until Tuesday, but we're pretending it's Saturday this year. She has really wanted a new kitchen. We have one outside for the sandbox, but I agreed with her that we needed one inside as well.
I've been a little busy this past week and I kind of forgot about her birthday. I was at Wal-mart and saw this kitchen. The only one they had and it was cheap. I decided to buy it and take it home and see if it was as "cheap" as the price.
I decided my night to put it together would be Thursday night after Bunco. This would be what time I started this little project at:



And that's a.m., not p.m.

I got it all out of the box and was amazed at the amount of little pieces!

But I was still going on my "bunco high" and dove right in. I did pretty good until this time:

At which point, I gave up for the night. I had started forming blisters on my fingers from using the wire cutters to cut everything apart.

This is as far as I got.

I did finish it last night while watching "Speed Racer" with my hubby. He watched my amazing kitchen-building skills in awe.

Tada! Now, let's hope she likes it...and it doesn't fall apart.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

We got this kitchen from JC Penny for Lottie for Christmas. Yeah, pain in the butt to cut out all those little pieces.

But she plays with it all the time, and it's held up beautifully. Barry got one for his daughter too. It's set up at grandma's house right now, and it even withstands the beating of our little nephew. Patrick's son gives things quite a workout... and he hasn't destroyed it yet.

Aubrey said...

We have that kitchen too!! We bought it for Hailey for Christmas a couple years ago. It took 3 of us to get it put together in a decent amount of time. I wish I had known you were looking for one!! I am thinking of selling the one that we have and building Hailey a new one. Its getting a bit small for her...

Kristen said...

One minute before midnight is not a.m. Or did I read it wrong? I really shouldn't be nitpicky since my brain is in digital mode. =o)

Cute kitchen! I bet she'll love it.