Thursday, July 1, 2010

# 16 is done


For FHE Monday, we rounded up some friends and went to Pirate Island Pizza in Orem. We've been dying to go check it out! Here's the Wakewii family review...
1) we missed out on Family night bingo by 5 minutes...bummer.
2) the breadsticks and salad bar were great.
3) the pizza was not good at all, and we had 24 inches of that nastiness to try and choke down. It was so bad that none of the kids would even eat it!
4) we were totally misled by our waitress about the price of our meal. We were under the impression that the pizza, breadsticks and drink were 39.99, when we got our check we were all shocked to find out it was actually 56.99. When we asked her about it, she acted like we were the dumb ones and wouldn't budge on changing it. "The pizza is 39.99, you guys made it into the family meal and that's 56.99." But when we ordered, that's not quite how it went down.
5) the kids (and men) had a blast in the arcade, but on the way home, the girls all said that they wouldn't eat there again.
We will not be going back.

6 comments:

Jen said...

$40 for a bad pizza????? Holy cow. Thanks for the review, we wanted to check it out, and now we definitely won't.

Janet said...

Thanks for that. Now I know where not to go :) Sorry about how much $ it was though. :(

Kristen said...

For some reason, pizza and pirates don't go together. At least in my mind. Hmmm. Sometimes the fun is more important than the food, but I'd definitely be annoyed by the price difference!

Tarina said...

Hmm, I liked your overview. Nice to know we don't need to check that place out. :)

islandgirl said...

That looks like a pepperoni one too? You'd think something simple would be good. I think I ordered the jamaican huge one at my sons bday and YUCK, no one wanted to eat it. Such a waste...they did eat the meat lovers or whatever it was...

Adhis said...

Yeah- I didn't want to be a party pooper when I saw this restaurant on your to-do list.

This place pretty much sucks. It's like out of a bad 80's movie with teenagers wearing pirate hats, little kids running around, CRAAAPY pizza, and a large tab.

There. I feel much better saying it.