Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

There really is no place we'd rather spend our 4th of July than in Malad. There's nothing better than being startled out of a deep sleep at 6 a.m. by cannons being shot off right outside your house. Really. Nothing better. We always complain, but heck, that's part of the tradition, right?


We look forward to the parade every year. Nothing beats a small town parade. My kids get oodles of candy and don't have to fight for it...the only person who was out there chasing candy was my father-in-law's 5th grade teacher. I'll point her out in a minute.





Fun fact for ya..how many of you know that Jeramy plays the drums? Every year when the Malad High band float goes by, I have to hold onto him to keep him from jumping up and taking over for the poor high school drummer. Every year when it passes he turns to me and says, "Can I get a drum set?" Every year I say no.
And I'm glad my brother-in-law explained this one to me before it got in front of us so that I looked like the smart one when everyone was laughing at the sign that says, "Spreading the tradition." And Jeramy says , "I don't get it." And I casually explained, "That's an old manure spreader." Duh. Doesn't everyone know that?

And this (very festive lady) in the white pants and red blazer would be the famous 5th grade teacher. She was out there - with her cane- chasing down candy. At first she would get it and give it to Lindsay, so Lindsay kept watching her. Soon after, Granny started keeping the candy for herself. It didn't take long for Lindsay to realize that the fastest one out there got the candy!


Success!
(Check out Macie's face in the back).
Happy 4th, everyone!
(on the 7th).

2 comments:

Kristen said...

She is clearly still a great teacher!

Soccer Mom said...

We LOVE it! The candy is great, the parade is great, it's just GREAT!