Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spicing things up

I hate searching through all of my spices trying to find the one that I need. I bought some cute little jars at Ikea and I did some vinyl lettering on them today. I'm pretty sure that most of my spices are from when we got married almost 11 years ago! It's time to buy some new ones.
Thanks to Callie for explaining to me that Italian Seasoning and Oregano are not the same and I shouldn't mix them together. Also that Bay leaves and Basil leaves are not the same either. I'm learning every day!


Before

and

After


I still need to buy about 4 more jars, but then my spices will all match!

6 comments:

Marie said...

Nice! You put those to great use! :) I'm a sucker for matching containers . . .

Soccer Mom said...

Super cute! What a good idea!!!!

Janet said...

those are awesome!

Adhis said...

Wow. That's beautiful. Almost makes me want to get a vinyl lettering machine.

Jen said...

Cute!! Those jars would be way too big for me, though. No way I'd get through them before the spices all went bad. In fact, have the spices in my cupboard are probably bad already.

Katy said...

Way cute, Heidi!