Sunday, July 18, 2010

Girls Camp

I can't remember if I've blogged this before or not, but I got to go to Girls Camp this summer! My calling was the tri-ward camp committee chair. Our wards are pretty small, so this year, we combined three small wards and my calling was to coordinate and plan for all three. It was GREAT! We ended up with 27 girls and 13 leaders. We went to Millcreek Pines campground in Kamas.
I love girls camp. I loved it as a youth when I went, and loved it as a leader this time just as much! I came home feeling recharged Spiritually. (But not so recharged physically, still working on that one).

Tuesday we played some fantastic relay games and got all of our certification out of the way.
In the evening we had a very spiritual night hike for the girls.
Wednesday I led the girls on a hike with my iphone...how did I live without one of those for this long? The trail that I was told was there, wasn't, so I had to make up a hike. :)
We then had spa time which included fingernail painting, feet scrubs, and a deep conditioning hair treatment of honey, oil and eggs - just what bears love to smell on little girls!
Thursday we headed to Jordanelle for a fun-filled day of boating, followed up by time with the bishopric and a great testimony meeting.
Friday we packed up in record time and actually got home at 1, which was the only activity that we were actually on time for!
Jeramy survived the week with the girls. Thanks to our awesome neighbors for giving him a break every now and then!

4 comments:

Adhis said...

I love girls' camp! (sigh)

It is interesting to see photos of everyone in pants. I went to girls' camp in Florida and Tennessee and it's all shorts.

Marie said...

Love, Love, LOVED it. :) Thank you so much Heidi!

Jen said...

I miss girls' camp SO MUCH! Ah, such fond memories.

Kristen said...

Congrats! You obviously did a GREAT job and I'm sure your family is happy to have you back.

Are you already planning for next year? =o)