She's outgrown some p.j.'s and I've let her wear them still as capri's and belly shirts because, well, who sees her but us? Last night while I was folding laundry and decided it was time to give them to Lindsay, so I put them in Lindsay's drawer. While we were reading scriptures, Lindsay pulled them out and said, "Look what I got." teasing her sister. Maddie lost it. Crying, screaming, kicking. "Those are my most comfortable pajamas. You can't give them to Lindsay." and on and on until scriptures were given up on for the night and she was sent to her room to cry it out.
Jeramy and I came downstairs and shortly after, this sign was thrown down the stairs for us to read:
Can you read it? Well, here's the translation:
"11p.m. I get the p.j.'s or else I will punch Lindsay in the face."
We laughed and laughed. 11 came and went, and no punching took place. However, Lindsay came down with a dollar and said, "Maddie gave me a dollar for her pants!" So the battle will start again tonight...
Once again, I can hardly wait until she's a teenager.
5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh My Gosh that is so funny!
Seriously Heidi, it's hilarious to hear these things from Maddie because she's such an angel at church. Russ and I are laughing so hard! Thanks for sharing!!
Time for a crack down! Don't give in, mama, or she WILL be a troubling teen! Be firm and she will learn that small things get passed down and she gets to have NEW ones to replace the old. Yay! But you already know that. Funny, funny post.
It's also funny how long it took me to understand why you said that's why you call her Maddie.
That's the funniest thing I've heard today! :)
Oh man, that's hilarious. I remember writing notes like that. I would say that at 11:00 pm I was going to run away and then I would hide in my closet. For some reason, my parents never came looking for me . . .
just found this one today. I love the unfulfilled ultimatum! We have them in our house all the time. "IF you don't... etc etc. !!!! The details are what make it the best.
Post a Comment