Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh, the things a 2 year old learns!



(this is Macie's favorite way to watch TV these days)
On Friday Macie and I were at the store. I said to her, "Macie, remind Mom to buy stamps, o.k.?" She said o.k. A few seconds later I put a bag of licorice in the cart. (I should probably add that I usually don't buy licorice).

When we went to check out, Macie was helping me load the groceries and she picked up the licorice and said, "mom, can I put the stamps up?" I was confused, but then finally figured out that she thought the licorice was stamps because I had picked them up right after I told her I needed stamps. I giggled and told her what it really was.

We ate the licorice on our ride to Pocatello this weekend, and today when I was cleaning out the van with Macie, she found the bag of licorice and said, "Mom, can I have a stamp?" I giggled again. We had the talk again, but I still don't think she gets it. So if you offer my child licorice and she looks confused, just know that I am a terrible mother who thinks it's funny. :)


And this would be Macie doing yoga. She found this place mat and happily said, "Mom, it's a yoga mat just for me." She's been doing yoga ever since - she'll probably be sore today if she's anything like me.

The other night before we went to Malad she and I were having a talk about her new cousin Kameron. She said to me, "Mom, will Kameron's bum look like mine this time?" We obviously don't see too many "boy bums" around here!

Macie can always make us laugh! We love her!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Did you remember to buy the stamps?

Russ Steele said...

What stamps?