Friday, March 5, 2010

A day in the city

We had planned a fun-filled weekend in Pocatello, but it was postponed until further notice. Jeramy had already taken the day off work, and Maddie didn't have school, so we ventured into the city of Salt for a day of fun. We started at the Gateway Discovery Museum. I have been wanting to go there forever, so today was the day. It was PACKED!
Get ready for picture overkill...

Maddie loved the Garden at the start with the balls. For the last half hour we let them choose where they wanted to go and she spent her time there. I don't know why I don't have any pictures of her there. (?) And for my facebook followers, you'll notice the flower in her hair. A big thanks for Suzanne's comment that "bees don't sting flowers, they kiss them." We are no longer afraid of being stung by a bee because they think her flower is real.

Lindsay loved the play house - and once again, I didn't put any pictures of it here. She was the perfect age for everything there and ran from one thing to the next.

And sweet little Macie. Life is always an adventure with a 2 year old. Notice the first row of pictures, she's packing a grocery basket. It was her favorite. The last picture on row 1 is me telling her it was time to move on. Pictures 1 and 2 on the second row is us trying to calm her down. The helicopter calmed her down, but when she found the blocks, all was well again. When we said it was time to go back downstairs (where the grocery store was), she RAN back to the grocery store and found a basket. When she would see me coming, she would run the other way for fear of being told it was time to go home. When it was time to go home, I was "that mother" who tried bribing her to keep her calm, but it didn't work. Holy tantrum. We exited quickly.

We still had 3 hours of parking validation, so we rode traxx to temple square. You would never have guessed that it had snowed all morning - it was a beautiful day! I included all 3 tries of our "perfect pictures." I have so much respect for photographers! AND I am so grateful for digital cameras! I just love the last picture with Macie's booger nose. I had told her "Look pretty for me."


And this picture made my day! This is us looking up at the sign on the front of the temple that says, "Holiness to the Lord." About a month ago we had a FHE lesson about the man who made the sign...and they all remembered it!
And last but definitely not least....we found spring at temple square. :) I had to stop and just enjoy these flowers and wish it was my flower bed.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I was insanely jealous reading your post - that you had three kids, competent kids, that you can actually take places. And then I got to the part about Macie's meltdown. Now THAT sounds more like our outings. I guess it will always be the youngest, no matter how old. Am I still that way around my parents? =o)