Still looking for the perfect Christmas present for your little girl? Here's what every little girl is asking for this year - her very own lock-picking set of keys! Get her started on the right track to a very successful future full of adventure and money.
Miss Lindsay is never more than 2 feet away from me. I kid you not. The other night I needed a break, so I went and had a bath and -gasp- I LOCKED the bathroom door. I heard her try to open it. I heard her go tell her Daddy that is was locked. I hear him tell her that Mommy needs to be alone for a while. That doesn't fly with her. I hear her pounding on the bathroom door to open up. Then she huffs, "Fine, I'll just open it with my keys." She goes and finds her Barbie keys. Shuffle shuffle in the lock. Then the door swings open. What the??? She doesn't come in. She gets really quiet, pulls the door shut - but not all the way. She's obviously just as surprised as I am. Then I hear her take her magic keys and try it on the bedroom door. It appears it was a one-time occurrence that it worked. Thank goodness!
And just one more Lindsay-ism for the night. This one I've been torn about posting. I like to keep my posts "G" rated, and this one is "PG" but I still giggle thinking about it, so sorry if I make my dad or the men that read my blog blush, but here it goes.
One day I was wearing a shirt a little more low-cut than usual. All day I kept thinking, "I should really put a shirt on underneath, but we're not going anywhere, so what's the big deal?" So I'm changing Macie's diaper on the floor. Lindsay is hoovering over me (that whole 2 feet away thing again). All of the sudden she yells, "Mom, I see your BUM!" Stop and think it through. She's over me...looking down...my shirt. How embarrassing. At least it was her and not someone else seeing my "bum." And hey - I didn't even know I had a bum there!

12 comments:
Gasp, I laughed out loud...I hardly ever do that. Come to think of it, most times that I do so are when I am reading your blog! I know you feel pressure sometimes to deliver funny stories for the rest of us to enjoy, but you are so darn good at it. Thanks! Love you and Lindsay (we should call her "shadow").
P.S. I don't think that was too graphic for your dad...he saw your "bum" when you were little. ;)
I really should have gone to bed 3 hours ago...darn blogging!
Oh I love it! My son is always saying stuff that cracks me up! One day I will have the guts to post them!
LOL! My Brylee has a magic key that opens bathroom doors so she can come in and "talk" to you while you are bathing!
Hey at least you have a bum! Too funny! One time when I was changing Ellie and Kaden said, "Ellie you have a bum? I have a peepee!" Only he was looking at her front. Kids are so innocent it's funny.
It's those kinds of cracks that make you want to stay abreast of your fashion choices.
(snicker)
Ha Ha Ha. That cracked me up. Kids say the darndest things. I know what you mean about having a little "shadow." Ava's a shadow too, much more noticeable than a regular shadow. LOL.
Your kids are to funny! Are you coming up to Malad for Christmas?
That is SO FUNNY!!!!
As you get older the 'bum' gets bigger!
What would we do for entertainment without Lindsay?
I have two hilarious stories about our kids from this morning but I'd rate them as PG-13 or worse. So I'll just chuckle to myself and tell Ben when he gets home.
I think yours was safe enough. You didn't say what your response was though.
No more craft site?!?!?! Ah man...
Post a Comment