We even waited in line for an hour to see Santa. While we are standing in line, Maddie randomly says, "Mom, he's just an elf, right?" I'm confused. "What do you mean?" "Well, Santa can't be everywhere, so he has elves that look like him that go and listen to what kids want." I think it through. I see no problems with this analogy. "Sure. Who told you that?" "No one. Just thought it up on my own."
As you can see, Macie wanted nothing to do with this fuzzy white man. Can you really blame her? "Here, go sit on this stranger - who looks nothing like the average person- and smile." And you can tell he's thinking, "I don't get paid enough to deal with THIS!"
If any of you are planning on going to see him at Thanksgiving Point Monday, I would recommend getting there right at 6. The line got longer and longer as we waited. But they do give a free picture, which I was also glad about. I hate buying the one at the mall!

6 comments:
No problemo...glad to help out, you are always doing that for me! Looks like you had fun and made a precious moment that the girls will remember. Hey, at least Macie was never that upset today!!! =)
Thanksgiving point has so much fun stuff! We were thinking about heading down tomorrow to see temple square lights but rumor is there's a storm. Grandma and Grandpa goats must have made quite the impression on Lindsay!
The picture is priceless!
You get to go 1/2 price with a membership? That would be great! I love the picture!
My girls are the same way with Santa! I gave up years ago even trying to have them sit on his lap!
I thought YOU were going to claim that it was just a goat with fake antlers, and I was going to set you straight. Sorry I didn't have more faith in you. Blame Lindsay.
Poor Macie. I had to bribe someone to take Jonathan to see Santa. (In our small town, we have a two hour window and the kids were with a babysitter at the time.) Jonathan told Santa what everyone in our family wants... except me. He told me I can write my own letter. I guess Daddy doesn't know how to write?
Post a Comment