But that is not the purpose of this Bah Hum Blog. I just just need have a holiday vent session, then I'll move on.
I hate decorating for Christmas. It's like I open the 6 tubbies and the Grinch himself steps out and takes over my body. I put it off as long as possible this year, but finally started the process yesterday. YUCK. Our tree is not one of those nice ones that come in 3 pieces, nope. Try 300. I will admit, Maddie was a big help this year, but still it was not fun. Between her trying to be so helpful, Lindsay dancing around with sharp pointy ends of tree branches everywhere, and Macie whining to be held, it was not fun. 3 hours later, I gave up for the night.
Today I felt rejuvenated and started in again. Then I decided to put some lights on the rail outside. All enthusiasm for decorating quickly came to a halt.
And what's up with shopping? I am the type of shopper who always quickly says, "I'm sorry" if I bump carts with someone - even if I'm not at fault. The person who is at fault then looks at me like "Lady, learn to drive!" Then I grumble to myself as I walk away about that person obviously not knowing cart etiquette. I hate that!
I did venture out on Black Friday, only to walk in Wal-Mart and walk right back out and went back to bed until 9. I then went back and got ALMOST everything I was there for. I saw a lady walking down the aisle with the doll set I was sent there for. I say (in a friendly way) "where did you find that??" Her hand quickly goes to the object of envy and she says, "I've been to 3 Wal-marts today looking for this - it's the last one." And I say, "Lucky" and walk away thinking, "Did she really think I would grab it and run?" I hate shopping.
And I did get the tree done- with help from Erika and I've even left the down low ones all crazily arranged and I'm going to get over it. I am going to get over all the stupid little things that I hate about the Holidays and focus on the good from now on - that's the goal from here on out. Wish me luck!
(Side note for Adhis. I lied. Macie can't leave the tree alone. She watched us put it up and so she thinks she can "help" too. I think from now on the Christmas Fairy is going to come at night and do all the decorating).
10 comments:
So funny! I love reading your blog because it always makes me smile.
Your tree is really pretty.
You just have a way of making me laugh! I love you guys. I love your nativity scene. Do mind telling me where you got it?
Try to laugh a little more. You ARE quite funny! just kidding!
Celeste - Jeramy got it for me probably 4 years ago, but I've seen it at Hallmark before, or the Quilted Bear. It's the Willow Tree collection. It is my favorite Christmas decoration ever!
Ah, Erika. I was wondering who that was helping you out.
I'll tell you what I like about your nativity set (since you asked). Baby Jesus is being a baby. He's not lying in his cradle with his arms and eyes majestically open. That's a pet peeve for David and me, and unfortunately, 98% of he world's nativity Jesuses are posed in such a fashion. (Hm, it sounds blasphemous to say "Jesuses"... please, replace the word with "babies" when reading the above sentence.) Our nativity is one we got as a gift and comes with the Super Anglo majestically-posed BABY. I will eventually do something about that.
I'll also have to figure something out with the tree and BabyDhis next year. Maybe I'll hang electrified ornaments on the lower branches. THAT'LL TEACH HER!
Well, I am glad you survived putting up the tree! It looks great and I love your Willow Tree collection- as always! Your stories are always so enjoyable to read- AS ALWAYS!
P.S. Dinner was AMAZING...I need that recipe! We all loved it, even Tate, I think that was the first time he has eaten hamburger other than a McDonalds burger. =) You ROCK!
Your Nativity is Beautiful!!! Christmas is definately crazy. We went out on Black Friday but just to see a movie!!!
Love the new blog look...very cute!
You look amazing, by the way...give yourself credit and be glad you are so hot!
lol you crack me up Heidi, so grumpy! I don't think we can be neighbors anymore though, you're sucking all my good christmas cheer out of me.
Do I need to send Blake over to decorate?? You won't have a say in how in you want it.. but atleast you won't have to do it!
Somebody needs a little more eggnog!
I only have one complaint about the Christmas season - having to listen to everyone complain about it. =o) If you don't want to do all the little traditions, then don't! Whose law would you be breaking? There's gotta be some things you can find to enjoy about Christmas instead of doing the parts you hate.
But it's always fun to listen to you complain anyway. Thanks for the post. I'll go back to my gift-wrapping celebration.
Post a Comment