Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Gasp, it is 2 days after Christmas and I haven't blogged yet. I recieved 2 phone calls today wondering why I haven't blogged yet. Here ya go, ladies!
I didn't take many pictures this year. I wish I had taken more. Christmas Eve was spent at Grandma Steele's where we had the traditional waffle dinner. YUM! We then did our traditional Nativity. My kids are by far the youngest cousins, so we had to include the older and 'much too cool for this' cousins. They were good sports. My 16 year old niece brought her boyfriend and he got to be Joseph - bet he won't be around again! We did our family gift exchange and had a great time. Lindsay got a little cash register that Macie soon took over as "ma!" (Mine) and still is very possesive of it.
We tried to get up early to beat the storm on Christmas morning, but couldn't get up until 7. We unwrapped and enjoyed the morning. The pictures are of the girls opening their little scrapbooks I made on Shutterfly. By far my favorite present for them because I made it and it came from the heart. (Also the blocks in the middle were my Christmas project this year and so much fun to make...all 12 sets of them!). I think Maddie's favorite present was the box of 96 crayons we got her. Her whole face lit up when Jeramy opened it and showed her. Lindsay LOVES the Alexa singing Barbie that Santa brought her. Jeramy told her that she could bring it to Malad, but she couldn't push the button until we got there. She did soooo good until about 10 minutes out of Malad, she gave in and pushed it and then tried to hide the Barbie so she wouldn't get in trouble. Macie loved opening the presents, but she still really loves that cash register. Grandma Steele tried to give her a 'replacement' blankie because her blanket is getting pretty nasty. She wants nothing to do with it. It was worth a try.
We left for Malad around 10:30, 3 hours later...we got there. The roads were awful! But we always have fun once we are there! It was nice to sit inside and watch it snow ALL day long and play a little Dr. Mario. Macie slept through the night - my Christmas present from her - and for the first time in 6 years, I think I got a full night's sleep in Malad! The girls slept up under the Christmas tree and thought it was the coolest thing ever. We woke up to a nice, sunny day and thought it would be a great ride home. We should have realized when we got stuck in the driveway that it wasn't going to be a smooth ride home. The freeway was awful. We finally stopped in Layton to eat. After that stop, it started to snow, and I got car/McDonald's sick. We went no faster than 40 the whole way. I know it could have been worse and I am glad we were able to get there safely (and I'm glad I made it home without loosing my lunch all over the van).
So there ya have it - the Wakewii family Christmas! Jeramy has taken 17 days off and I was dreading having him home, but so far it has been nice. He "helped" Maddie build a snowman. As you can see in the picture, he is alone. Maddie gave up when she got cold and he continued until that snowman had a hat, and a smile made of dumdum suckers. He has sat with me and worked on a puzzle, and he has spent lots of time just playing with the girls. I am really looking forward to being able to go shopping next week without kids AND teaching preschool with him here to watch Macie.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for catching us up on the Wakley Christmas. I had missed hearing from you. I'm glad that the girl are happy with there gifts. Sorry to hear about the blanket.
Lots of love!!!

Adhis said...

How'd you make the blocks? I would like to make some.

Adhis said...

Oh, and now I'm craving waffles. Gotta go make them now.

Kat said...

Sounds like things were quite interesting for you. Sorry you got sick in the car. There is nothing worse. Especially when you can't go fast cause of weather conditions. :) Your blocks look so cute. You might have to teach a couple of us how to make them. :)

Meredith said...

As displayed by Tyler's "Yucky Bunny" I know all about trying to swap out the old with the new and FAILING!!

Glad you made it home safe :) So are we definitely having preschool on Tuesday then?

Kristen said...

Did you say SEVENTEEN days? Wow. Sounds like lots of fun though. And I'm glad you figured out which day Christmas was.

It took us 20 minutes to drive the three miles to my parents' house on Christmas!

Edwards Clan said...

jeramy, it's good to see that you still have all of your hair. you know i can't say that.