In case any of you are wondering what Maddie wants for Christmas, here ya go. She LOVES infomercials. She can tell you anything about any item on the TV. This one is called the Snuggie. (The name turns me off to this item already). It's a blanket with sleeves. She saw this one on QVC last time we were in Malad. When we go to the store now, she has to check to see if the blankets have sleeves or not.
For years now she's wanted the Magic Bullet. "Mom, if we buy it right now, we get another one for free!" And then we get, "If we had a Magic Bullet, you could make each of us our own smoothies, it's really easy, you just push one...two...three."
And Sunday she learned about Chia Pets. She's asked me for one 3 times now. Is this normal for kids? Many times I have come in the room to find her watching a cooking show. I'm pretty sure she can prepare, baste and cook a turkey. If you try to change off of her infomercials or cooking shows, she gets pretty upset. We don't have cable, so her viewing choices are pretty limited, but seriously, is this normal? Also, she wanted to ask Santa for a ball. A ball. That's it. What the...? Jeramy finally took her to Wal-Mart and walked her up and down the toy (not 'as seen on TV') aisle to find something "more suitable" for Santa to bring. Lindsay wanted one of those HUGE Barbie houses. We did the same thing with her and she found her dream Barbie - not house. Ahhh, gotta love the power of persuasion. The good (me) and the bad (TV) kind.
8 comments:
That's hilarious! It reminded me of when my kids started singing the viva viagra commercial everytime we got in the car!
That is too funny. I was cracking up when I saw your post because I have made fun of that commercial (Snuggie) SOOO many times! Hey, I think it's an advantage if you have an easily persuaded kid. You seem to know how to work it. By the way, I'm with her on the Magic Bullet. I really wanted to buy one but then heard they're not so great. What? The informercial was lying? No way. :)
Lexi loves info-mercials! Except she always says that they want our money.
Your girls are way too cute!!!
Not normal...as far as I know. ;) ANdy and I saw the Snuggie and could not turn the channel either. We seriously considered buying them just to hand out as gag gifts, we thought they were sooooo rediculous! If I would have only known Maddie wanted one...one for a gag gift and one for my little next door buddy!!! =)
Haha! Jonathan was telling me all about the snuggie a few days ago. I thought maybe he was confused, talking about a baby bundling blanket or something. Then I saw the commercial - it was on Nickelodeon! How funny that Maddie wants one. I think they look snuggie!
Zach is getting Pixo's for Christmas. He's not old enough. We know he won't even like them. But EVERY time we ask what he wants, the answer is "just Pixo's." Thanks TV! At least we found a cheap little pack and got him something else he WILL like too.
She is one of kind! That Madison! Well get her the Snuggie come on even if the name gives me the creeps now too!
We have a "bullet" and we each get our own personal smooothieeee. They work OK for us North Carolinians.
LOL Maddie is hilarious! I love that she tells you to hurry and buy so you get 2 for 1. Spencer will do the same thing except he'll even go as far as to read off the number in a panicked voice as if if I don't dial it now I'll lose my chance! Atleast we have Tivo so we get to skip most of them :)
Post a Comment