Monday, November 17, 2008

My crown

I broke my crown last week. I bet most of you didn't even know I was royalty, did you? Back in 2003 I was awarded "The most expensive and painful root canal in history" crown. And since then I have thought, "I am so lucky. One less tooth to have to worry about getting a cavity in." and I wore my crown with pride. No one told me that fake teeth can fall apart.

I finally got into the dentist today and he was able to sand it down and told me to start saving my money for a new crown. Anyone want to donate to the fund? I really should pull it out of Maddie's savings account since SHE is the reason I had to have the root canal in the first place. Dang kid. When I was pregnant with her, all I wanted was bubble gum and jolly ranchers. 9 months of that and my teeth were horrible.

My funny dentist says to me on my way out "Stop chewing on rocks and you should be fine." Silence. "It was a popcorn kernel." He laughs, "That'll do it, too."

So, if you want to see my crown sometime, just ask. I keep it with me all the time. I really think that Cyd and Amannda should carry theirs around, too. I wonder how many of us are royalty out there...

7 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

That totally sucks! We have had a few of those in our day! We got to the Dentist on Thursday! I wonder what he will tell us?

Adhis said...

Not me. I'm just a lowly no-cavity serf.

Meredith said...

If we're leaving shame at the door and puttin it all out there.. I have 2... What does that make me Double Royalty???

disclaimer: I promise I brush and floss everyday, I just have bad teeth and 3 kids that made them worse!

Janet said...

That is horrible, they are so expensive!
I love those jolly ranchers, dang!

Kristen said...

You didn't say anything about OUCH. Doesn't it hurt? Maybe I'm a wimp. I've been really lucky with my teeth but it seems like that would REALLY hurt. I guess you're just not a whiner. =o)

Matt said...

A club I can finally be proud to belong to. I show off my royalty every time I smile (a real smile, not one of those fake ones we all do).

Kat said...

Yes, I feel your pain. :) I have two crowns. I was blessed with poor teeth, thanks mom and dad! I am sorry that your crown broke. They are not cheap. Good luck!