Monday, November 3, 2008

I voted



I am almost 30 years old. I didn't have a cool excuse like Adhis. I just never cared to vote. But this year, Jeramy got all excited about politics, so that means I did too. I voted for the first time in my life last week. I really hate politics. So I'm going to leave it at that. I don't want to discuss who I voted for and why, I just wanted to share that I am proud of myself for finally voting after 12 years of being 'of age.'

The voting story:

We thought it wouldn't be that bad going in early, so we took all 3 kids. We waited in line for an hour and 10 minutes. Not very fun. (During that hour, we had 2 potty breaks, time on the toys outside, and we lost Lindsay's purse. Luckily we had cool people around us who kept letting me back in line). BUT when it was all said and done, I was glad that we took them. Maddie has talked a lot about voting. When they reminded us to vote in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, she turned and nudged me, "Mom, we did that!"

And the pancake is for Jen and Jesse. Jesse can make motorcycles, but I can make pigs. Now let's see what Kim can make for us next time we're in Malad!

5 comments:

Janet said...

That pig pancake is so cute. I'm going to copy that and surprise the kids with it! Great idea!!
Yes, and good job voting!

Adhis said...

You voted! HOORAY!!
I wrote my voting post to encourage people to go out and vote. I am not concerned with what everyone votes, just that they go out and vote!

YEYYYYY!!

Kristen said...

I bet it was fun to splatter the pigs with syrup. I'm definitely going to steal that idea, thanks! I bet mine won't turn out that cute though.

This morning I was in and out of the polls (with two kids) in less than 10 minutes. Ahhh, the country life... I wouldn't mention things like this so much, except everyone thinks WE are crazy for wanting to live here.

Jess and Jen said...

Awesome pig! The competition is on! Just kidding! I'll bet Kim can make us some awesome tires! Way to go for voting. I was in and out in ten minutes!

Matt said...

good job!!