Friday, November 14, 2008

nap time...

 


This is a true story.

Yesterday the girls and I went to see new baby Levi up in Murray. (What a cutie, I might add). On the ride home I was TIRED. You know when you kind of jerk-like you were thinking about sleep and so your body jumps a little? Keep in mind it really is only a 20 minute drive. How dumb of me, I know. But, I was tired. Lindsay was totally out and Macie's little eyes kept drooping. So I started to plan my arrival at home. Put Macie to bed, lay down with Lindsay and take a nap. This is going to work. I am going to take a nap. Yeah!!

We get home and I successfully get Macie down. Lindsay is waiting for me in my bed. I get in and cuddle up with her. YES! A nap is coming...
"Mom?"
"What Maddie?"
"What can I do?"
"Watch TV"
"I don't want to"
"Go play on the computer."
"I don't want to."
"Color."
"Mom, those things aren't fun. Can I have a treat?"
"Yes, just go."
She leaves. I hear her slide the chair over to the pantry. Then I hear her coming up the stairs again.
"Mom, I can't get it down."
Sigh. Fine. I get up to go get her candy. Then Lindsay realizes she's totally getting ripped off.
"I want candy, too."
"after your nap." Her mean mom tells her.
I get Maddie situated with candy. Back to bed I go. 2 mintues later, the phone rings. I don't answer.
Another 2 minutes pass. The doorbell rings. "Don't move!" I inform Lindsay. We stay in bed. Then the follow up knock comes, so I get up. No one is there when I get down. Sigh.
Back to bed. 2 minutes later, another knock. "Don't move!" I tell Linday again. No follow up knock. Sweet. I close my eyes...
"Mom, I need to go potty."
I take Lindsay to the potty. At this point, I probably should just give up, right? It's almost 5. I need to start dinner. Maybe just 5 minutes. I snuggle back in. Would you believe it? Another knock at the door. The end. No nap.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Brooke said...

So who was knocking all those times? I hate when you are so tired and don't get a nap. Sometimes I can't fight it and fall asleep on the couch and wake up to a tornado.

Heidi said...

Knock #1 neighbor kid
Knock #2 salesman
Knock #3 ...Meredith. Dang her. Just kidding!

Soccer Mom said...

I hate that! I always got up to a salesman at the door! Crap! I hope next time you will get a nap!!

Christi said...

I like to pretend I'm not home often.

Adhis said...

I don't answer the door if I don't feel like it.

Maybe make a "we're napping" sign? Worked for us the first couple months Baby Dhis was here. After that, she figured out we weren't really sleeping and just kept knocking on our bedroom door.

Aubrey said...

What a BUMMER!

Adhis cracks me up...

Jennica said...

Well, first of all..thanks for visiting us at that hospital (I had no idea you were that tired)! What a special treat. =) We are home now and my parents arrived this evening...but I am sure you already noticed the lights on. =) I am sorry you never got that nap, but relieved that I was not the one still knocking on your door. Love YOU!

Kristen said...

I swear 5-year-olds are nap destroyers. That's not good at our house. WE WILL TAKE NAPS.

Meredith said...

Well technically it was Spencer knocking... but he was running my errand! I'm sorry I ruined your nap (hanging my head in shame) Next time I'll just open the door and leave them on your couch :) Or I won't return them at all! Maybe you should text me when you are getting ready to go down for a nap so I know not to bug you.. that's what I do with Blake!!

Jess and Jen said...

Way funny! I do that all the time and I am just like you.. I keep going back expecting to actually get to fall asleep. I haven't blogged in like 10 days so I just read like five posts.. Macie is getting too big! How did the pics turn out? We just did xmas pics yesterday. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Jenni said...

I hate when that happens when you need a nap so bad things don't work out that way. boo!