Monday, November 10, 2008
Magic Eraser anyone??
Disclaimer: I DID get the email about not using the Magic Eraser on skin, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw her face.
We were having a joy-filled Monday afternoon. I had just called and made a picture appointment for the girls for tomorrow afternoon and was sitting at the kitchen table reading the ads. All 3 girls were nicely watching TV in the family room - right by me. Blessed silence. Sweet silence.
"Mom, what is Macie doing?"
"I don't know, Lindsay." I say without looking up.
"Mom. Why is Macie doing that?"
"I don't know, sweetheart, she's fine."
More blessed silence. Silence. Should it really be this quiet over there?? What did Lindsay mean by that? I'd better go...oh my heck!
"Maddie, did you see your baby?"
"No."
Lindsay pipes up, "I saw her Mommy, and you said she's fine."
I put her in the tub and start to scrub and scrub. It's not coming off. Dang it, I knew something would happen if I called to set up a picture appointment! THUD. "Owwww!!!" I head some serious Maddie tears downstairs. I can't leave Macie alone, so I yell for her to come to me. She comes up with a fat lip and bloody teeth. "I fell off the couch!" How on earth does a 5 year old fall off the couch and land on her face, you might wonder? I wonder too, so if you figure it out, let me know. I have a feeling tooth #2 is coming out soon and NOT in the "good way" (as we refer to it at our house. It isn't 'the good way' if your teeth fall out from too much candy).
Macie is still blue. Maddie's gums are all red and bloody still. I can hardly wait for our pictures tomorrow!
And one more thing, it's 9:36 and my husband is still at work. The new site isn't up yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I am super sorry! Are you cancelling your picture appointment? My girls have all colored all over themselves. In fact, it is scrapbooked and Mikki being a "Doodle Bear"!!!!
Yikes, Heidi, what a day! You are a trooper!
I'm sorry, Heidi - but I have to be honest with you. When I read your post, I was LAUGHING SO HARD!!! I'm sorry, it does seem like things like this ALWAYS happen before pictures...BUM deal!
Let's be honest. You should have known this was going to happen. You made the appointment, so obviously, things were headed this way. :) I saw her last night and it looked a MILLION times better than the pics. Maybe it will be completely gone by picture time! :)
EVERYONE knows that when you schedule a photo appointment, you DUCT TAPE your kids to their beds!!
... sigh...
One of my nieces went through a stage lasting about a year in which she was always (ALWAYS) covered in marker. ALWAYS.
Post the family pic when you get it!
I hope you got it all off in time for her pictures!
Thank heavens for magic eraser emails. =o)
Sorry, what a mess. I hope you eventually got pictures. Or are going to.
Post a Comment