Sunday, November 23, 2008

Amy's Wedding

What a week! I have a ton of pictures, so I just collaged them to simplify viewing for all. My niece Amy got married on Friday. We spent most of the week setting up at the Lodge (her neighbors beautiful cabin/gathering place). The girls had so much fun up there. My sister Cindy came from Florida and the girls LOVED having her here.
The blessed day arrived. We had to be out the door at 6:45 a.m. to get to the temple in time. That is early for this family, but we did it - by 7. We did get there all right, but somehow, we forgot Maddie's good attitude at home. She was awful at the temple and I was so embarrassed! It's worth pulling up these pictures to see her expression in EVERY picture. She finally just stood by herself with her arms folded and her back to us and pouted until we were done. I was really hoping to get a good family picture for our Christmas cards. Maybe I should just use them anyway. Can't wait until she's 16.


The reception was fun! People just kept coming and coming. I was working in the kitchen and we stayed super busy. Jeramy was a good sport and entertained Macie all night. Maddie once again thew a fit, then disappeared. I found her down stairs at the door. She gave herself the job of opening the door for everyone when they left and said, "Thank you for coming." She was happy and leaving me alone, so we just let her do it.
What I learned from this day:
#1 Family is so important. I loved seeing my nieces and nephews pull together and help each other out. I loved to see my parent's siblings come all the way to Alpine to support their family. I loved having my sisters there, and found myself thinking often, "I wish Robin and Russ were here." I'd be lost without my family.
#2 I am NOT looking forward to planning for 3 girls' weddings in the future, but I'm glad I'll have my family to help me out!
2 funny moments from the wedding for me.
#1. We went to my sister's house on Thursday to frost cupcakes and Lindsay was so excited. They gave her a knife and she said, "But I don't know how to floss."
#2. I went before the reception started to help out and had Jeramy come later with the girls. I thought I had left pretty good instructions on preparing them, but Macie showed up with no tights or shoes. I said, "Where are her tights and shoes?" "She spilled on her tights and I couldn't find her shoes." Sigh. No big deal that I had gone out late the night before to buy the stupid shoes for her and done a last minute load of laundry so she would have pink tights. Life goes on. It could have been worse. Remember this one?

7 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Love, love, love the ugly face. That would totally be one of my girls!!! I still can't imagine planning three weddings. I think we will push for them to elope!

Katy said...

Haha, I love the pictures of Maddie! I think most mothers can relate to having days like those with their children. It's just especially *fun* when they are on days when there are lots of cameras around. :-)

Jess and Jen said...

Looks like fun! We've had one of those moments where ellie came to church in a subpar outfit... at least Macie wasn't wearing jeans and tennis shoes! (I'm not kidding either!) Sounds like a good weekend!

Robin said...

How could Maddie be so mad then she looked so darn cutie in the skirt I made. It really looked like fun. I'm sad I missed it.

Janet said...

I love the pictures of Maddie! She is so cute. I'm glad that you had fun!

OUR Coop said...

Hey about the loading on my post. I can't get it to load either. So it is not your computer. I have tried it at alot of different computters and it won't work so oh well.

Kristen said...

Haha, I WAS remembering that one!

Way to go Maddie. We have those days. I'm sure everyone there understood. I love her grumpy pictures. At least Lindsay looks super happy in all of them.