Oh, how I wish I could put a picture on here....
Maddie lost her first tooth last night! Last week when she told me her tooth felt funny, and I saw it wiggling, it brought a tear to my eye. School was no big deal for me, but apparently this tooth thing was just too much for me to handle. She's growing up!
It was driving Jeramy nuts knowing it was wiggling around in there, so he finally talked her into letting him give it a good tug. He did and it came out. She didn't even know it was out!
So we had to prepare for the Tooth Fairy to come in the night. Maddie was hilarious about it. "mom, I'm going to sleep with my mouth open so she can see it's gone." Later, "Mom, I'm going to hold my tooth in my hand." And on and on. But the best part of the night was Lindsay. Once we put them in bed, she started to cry, so I went back in. "Mom, I don't want the tooth fairy to come in our room." I calmed her down, then a few minutes later, more crying. "Mom, I need more blankets to hide from the tooth fairy in!" So I covered her up really good. More tears a few minutes later and a lot more frantic, "Mom, I don't want the tooth monster to get me tonight!" So I finally moved her to our room until she fell asleep. Who knew the tooth fairy was so scary?
I'm going to attempt to add a poll on my blog, if it doesn't work, I'd love to hear in comments what you guys do. Does your tooth fair leave the tooth or take it? And how much does he/she leave?
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
The tooth fairy never left my teeth. She always left a shinny quarter in return for her taking my tooth. Although When I was teaching Kindergarten they told me the tooth fairy left them $5.00 a tooth. I'm not that rich. I think my kids will get the 25(were is that cents sign?) or maybe if they are lucky I can afford a $1.00
I tried to answer your poll but it didn't add a number to it when I did? Anyway, our teeth never got left and we got $1.00 I just figured if she left your teeth you could put them under your pillow again and get more money so that's why she had to take them.
Oh, that is too funny...this is one to share with my family! ;) I hope all went well and that the tooth fairy was a success!!!
Our tooth fairy (when she remembers) puts the money($1) in a lunch baggy with the date on it. So that way I can remember then the tooth came out. The kids keep the money, tooth and bag.
The tooth fairy NEVER leaves the tooth! It's part of the transaction. You hand over the tooth, she hands over the moola. No one gets something for nothing! There's no such thing as a free quarter! What goes around comes around! Never look a gift horse in the mouth! It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all!
Ok, I'll go now. I knew I had had too much sugar this afternoon.
Your girls say the funniest things. Our toothfairy also takes the tooth and leaves $1-$2. When Ella lost her 1st tooth she asked me the next morning how the toothfairy was able to fit under her pillow.
Did you ever try to imagine what the tooth fairy did with all those teeth? I imagined a huge tooth mansion...all covered with grimy plaque. Gross.
The fairy leaves a tooth if the child writes a note ASKING her to leave it and then leaves a dollar.
Our tooth fairy takes the tooth and leaves a dollar and a note :) Your girls are way to cute!
When our tooth fairy decides to show up, he leaves a buck and takes the tooth. He needs a few reminders to actually make it. I guess being around teeth all day every day and jumping through hoops to "save" teeth, it goes against his nature to acutally take it away.
I can't believe she lost it so fast! How much did you end up giving her? Lindsay is such a crack up!
So her tooth finally came out!! Lindsey is so cute, poor little girl, the thought of a tooth fairy coming in my room at night is a little scary! When I lost a tooth, they would take it and I only got a quarter!!
A DOLLAR?? What the hell is wrong with you people??? We're in a recession! Teach these kids what it means to be in a Bear market. Why, when I was a kid, I had to trudge in the snow, uphill, both ways to get my tooth to wiggle! If it didn't fall out on its own, I tied one end of a string to it and the other end to a cat and then signaled for Pa to let the dog out. And then I slept right on the tooth, no cushy willy-nilly pillow for me! Sure, it left a nasty gouge in my cheek, but I liked it!
Darn kids today and their millionaire mommies...
Tooth Fairy has to take it. After all she uses them to build her huge castle behind the clouds. Oh and she leaves a 1.00.
Post a Comment