Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Extra kids!


So, I am babysitting Jeramy's brother's kids for a few days while they go on a trip. I have 2 extra that fit right in. Kaden will be 4 in December, and Ellie just turned 2. There is exactly 9 months between Kaden, Lindsay, Ellie and Macie. So I know that someone out there is living this. It hasn't been that bad. Our neighbors keep saying, "You're outside again??" We're all happiest outside. We even ventred out to Story time today and survived.
Remember that post about having 9 kids? Yeah right. I'm sticking with my 3. It's been funny that simple little things are made a whole lot harder, like buckling 5 kids in the car, cutting up 5 plates of spaghetti, brushing 5 sets of teeth, and on and on. So for those of you out there with kids close together, you are my heros! I definately felt that I earned my bubble bath last night, and a few candy bars along the way in the day to keep me going. I don't know how people do it! Maddie has been a big help, and they have all been really good, like right now, the 3 little ones are all asleep and the big 2 are playing quietly in the playroom.
Just thought I would give an update. The craft site has suffered greatly this week, but I'm posting now.

5 comments:

Krishel said...

Thats great all the cousins are so close in age! Kaden is SO outnumbered! I bet your days are flying by! Your so brave!

Mandi Ward said...

You go girl you are my HERO. I have a hard enough time with my 3.

Janet said...

That is so nice that your watching them. I have a hard time with buckling, washing, and cooking for 4 kids!

Kristen said...

What a sweet sister-in-law you are! I bet they're enjoying their getaway. It looks like fun playing outside. Our kids are kind of sick of it. They don't realize that it will be over soon, for a loooong time.

Hang in there!

Jenni said...

I have a hard time with my one and only...LOL! I can't imagine having 3. I think I like my "me" time too much.

Oh and our little guy does best outside as well. He loves going out and playing. Even though there isn't much to play with.