Monday, July 28, 2008

What a week for Macie!


I guess that Macie- like many of us when we have a birthday- has reflected on her life thus far and decided it was time to make some changes. First, no more of this crawling stuff! She is officially walking all the time now. She's my earliest walker and it's great! She still will giggle a little bit when she does it, it's like she's still amazed that she can do it. I have video of her, but I can't figure out how to compress it. Help!
Next, my little insomniac: one who is unable to sleep through the night (read her shirt) has consistantly for the past 10 days slept through the night from 9 until 6. Yipee! For the first time in a year, I am getting more that 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I switched her to whole milk and that must have done the trick. That's the only change to bedtime that I've made. I'm soooo happy and feeling pretty refreshed as well!
And finally, as any smart person knows, you must be bilingual to succeed in the world these days, so she's taken up Spanish. Her first words so far are Dad, this, that, boo and HOLA. She got a Dora phone for her birthday that says, "Hola." Last night she was walking around the house holding it saying, "Hola" over and over again. Jer didn't believe me, then she went in by him and did it. We were all quite impressed!
Maybe it's time for me to reflect on my life and make some changes as well. Maybe not.
p.s. still no key made

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

I am laughing out loud at that last comment!

Congratulations on Macie sleeping through the night! Hailey is back to her normal self now, where bedtime is concerned!! It must have been a fluke thing...just wait, now that I've said that, things will change again!!

Robin said...

Hola!!!!

Jennica said...

First, of all congrats on getting uninterupted sleep!!!! I think that is a cause for celebration...I want to take you out to lunch...or a movie...or ice cream, whatever sounds good to you! I will see if I can get a babysitter for our kids. Wouldn't that be fun!?! Little Macie is growing up so FAST. =)

OUR Coop said...

I can't beleive she is one! It flew by it seems. Than I think Karleigh is coming up. AHH! Are you coming on WEd.?

Janet said...

Congrats! Sleep is a good thing :) She is so cute. The last comment made me laugh too!!!

Soccer Mom said...

Congrats! Sleeping through the night is always sooo welcome!!!! LOL at the last comment as well! Better get one made before it happens agains!!

Kat said...

Congrats on the sleep! You are awesome! I love that she mimics the phone. That is so funny. And, I would suggest a key sometime soon. He he he

Mandi Ward said...

She is so cute. It's a great feeling when they start to sleep through the night. Kurt is sleeping from 9-6 also. I love sleep.

Kristen said...

Walking?!?!? Hmmm. Let's not compare, alright? =o)

I'm learning Spanish too! If your DS still exists, you should try Spanish Word Coach. Macie would love it. Maybe you buried your DS when your Wii came along though.

Manana es Jueves!