Monday, July 14, 2008

Deal or no deal??

The other day I saw these cute little boxes at Target. My friend puts her Rook cards in them since the Rook box lid doesn't stay on. So I was excited to get a treat and a cute card box in one. We got out to the car and opened our boxes. Huh. 4 Tootsie rolls. The other held 4 Now and Laters as well. There is TONS of room in there! Bummer. But at least I got my card boxes!

I'm not a great bargain shopping. Coupons intimidate me - or maybe just confuse me. My neighbor talked me into trying it out though. So I went to Alberstson's and bought 10 qualifying items for 20$. I had 5$ in coupons on those items. So I spent 15$ and got a voucher for 2 free movie tickets. Yipee! I was happy about that, then we got home and opened our Fruit by the Foot Box and I had won a 5$ Discover Card. I'm pretty excited! (Notice that I have tastefully covered the movie ticket code and the credit card #. Hee Hee. I really do trust YOU, it's the other guy reading my blog I don't trust).

7 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

That is totally awesome!!! You got some great deals!!! Sorry about the lack of candy, my girls would have been totally bummed and then fought over what was there!

Aubrey said...

What an exciting day!!!

Mandi Ward said...

Hey heidi, cute pictures of Macie. Oh, and Trevor served in Quayquil Ecuador

Kristen said...

Those tins are cute!

Here's some good ammo if you want to make fun of us for living in the middle of nowhere:

The free movie tickets were advertised here too. So we looked online, and it doesn't work with our theater. No problem, it says they'll send us a cash card to use at any theater. Yeah, well our theater doesn't accept credit cards!

What century IS this? =o) I hope you enjoy Batman. (grumble grumble)

Jess and Jen said...

I wouldn't have worried about the lack of tootsie rolls if it was me because I would have already had some in my cupboard or the other grocery bag! We are hooked on those!

Janet said...

such cute pics! I need some good deals like that TEACH me!!!!

Tarina said...

I got a movie ticket voucher too. I have been doing this coupon thing my friend got me started on and the best I have done so far is at Smith's a couple of weeks ago I spent 67.40 and saved $132.60 Oh YAY!!! Anyway we will see how long I can keep up but so far it's working out great!