Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The potty train

With the other three girls, I have waited until they were 3 to start potty training.  There was a weekend where the diapers were running low, so I asked Lexi if she wanted to go potty.
She said yes.
And she did.
And she never looked back.
She said that diapers hurt her bum and underwear feel good.
She was by far my easiest to potty train!
She had a hard time with the "number two's" and so we bribed her with riding the (stupid) $3/person train at South Towne Mall.  She had seen it one day when we were there and I told her we didn't have any money for it.  We then told her if she pooped in the potty 3 times (She's not a daily pooper, so this took a few days), she could go ride the train.  Then she'd get all serious and say, "But mom, we don't have any money for the train!"
Oh, happy day when she earned her train ride...
This picture is seriously my favorite potty training picture ever.  I was carrying groceries in the house and came out to see her checking out her puddle in the garage.
Yeah.
It wasn't always easy.
This is her on her second train ride.  After that one, I tried new rewards, but she really didn't need them anymore.
Still can't make it through the night dry so she's wearing "special underwear" that she hates because they feel like a diaper at night.  She's been accident-free for 2 weeks!  (And watch, now she'll have an accident tomorrow since I just bragged).

No comments: