Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's always fun at Grandma's house!

We had our what seems like once a month - trip to the dentist, which is in Draper.  When we got done, the kids were pretty sure they were doing to die from starvation, so I drove up to 106th and ended up at Carl's Junior.  After they ate, I started to drive to get on the freeway, while talking on the phone to my sister.  The next thing I know, I'm at my mom's house.  Weird.

Grandma said we needed to go for a walk to see all the leaves.  We walked over to "FHP" (which I have no clue what that building really is now, but it was always FHP when I was younger).  Not so many leaves.  Kind of a bummer.  We walked down the street, past the famous ditch that Grandma accidentally drove Rachel into when she was in her stroller...back when the ditch had water in it.  Good times.  She said, "Everyone get in the ditch so we can send a picture to Rachel!"  I love that Granny is keeping up with all this technology!
We then hit the jackpot of leaves!  They played and played until it got dark.  Lexi kept yelling, "This is amazing!"  Grandma giggled and giggled.  And my pre teen laughed and laughed and played in the leaves like she was still a kid and my heart was happy.




No comments: