Thursday, November 27, 2014

So blessed


You know from my blog that I love my job.  It's been so good for me.  Well, last month my boss hired a new office manager - who is amazing.  He had told me I would give her some of my work from home responsibilities and I was fine with that.  I was still going to handle the money for the clinic.  One day I got a text from him letting me know it was time for me to train her on everything I did from home, including the money, and that I would just fill in as needed in the clinic from now on.  
Ouch.  
I didn't reply for the weekend.  
I was mad.
And hurt.
I cried.  
A lot.  
I prayed.  
A lot.  
I decided it was time for me to quit.  
It was such a hard decision, but the Lord kept telling me that when I took this job it was to work from home.  Then it evolved into one day a week plus my work from home, and it was evolving into just working in the clinic - which wasn't why I went back to work.  
I don't need to work for the money, I work because I like working, so the Lord was letting me know it was time to let it go.  
I gave my notice.  
My boss tried to get me to stay.  
A lot.
But I was firm 
and 
I've been blessed.
Within days of me quitting, I got 5 more piano students.  
And I have 6 more that want to take from me but I'm waiting to make sure I can handle more.
I'm honestly making the same amount of money that I was making at the clinic, and I'm really working from home doing something I love.  When my students leave, I catch myself smiling - not because they left, but because I'm happy! I love to teach and I'm so grateful I get to do it!

No comments: