How many kids in your ward are turning 8 this year? Our ward...26. Last night we had our "it's great to be 8" night and it was so much fun to plan. Partially because I love to craft and I got to craft my little heart out for this activity, and part because my Maddie will be turning 8 - in 3 days!
We had set up about 70 chairs and they were all full! We had 23 out of the 26 kids come.

I had each of the mommies answer 5 questions about their child and send me a baby picture and I hung them around the room. We were going to play a guess who game, but at the last minute, I decided against it and we just looked at them while we ate cake.

Janelle and I made these adorable little blocks. Maddie was super excited about hers, and my little girls have requested that I make them each one. That's a good sign, right?

I am always an emotional person, but last night my emotions were right on the surface. My little girl is turning 8. Where did the last 8 years go? I still remember holding that tiny little red-headed baby and wondering how on earth I was going to be a good mom. Funny, I still think that all the time. I'm excited to see how this week goes!
4 comments:
Heidi,
You guys put together such a nice evening. Natalyn was so excited . . . Thank you so much for all of your efforts in our behalf!
I like those little blocks! great idea.
Looks like you did an awesome job. Way more exciting than the two I've attended in the past.
I don't know about girls, but we only have one boy turning 8 this year and he did the 2nd week of January. I only know this because I'm the Wolf/Bear leader.
We're definitely not in Happy Valley anymore.
I want some of that cake. It looks seriously yummy.
We still have a few months to go and I'm pretty excited already. I'm sure I'll be a basketcase too. It's funny - as all of his girl friends are getting their special white dresses. For him I will get... white underwear? =o)
Our 8 is Great is done by the stake - but obviously that would be impossible in your stake! I think there are only 8 or 9 in our ward. You have a big job!
Post a Comment