So I did.
Glad I did. Totally would not have guessed to buy her socks for her birthday. Wow. This child has about a million pairs of socks and apparently everything else that she has ever wanted.
Any good book series she should start that your kids like right now?
I had to ask about the cake decorating, then she informed me that it's the one at Costco.
New socks...$4.99
Birthday cake from Costco...$17.99
I hope she's not disappointed that I actually got her a few FUN things, too.
Side story...Maddie has been spending time on this typing web site. I thought nothing of it. Sunday for church she had to read a scripture. I found one for her and she said, "mom, can I type it out?" We had 15 minutes until church, but I said sure. She sat down at the computer, put her fingers in all the right spots and started typing...and reading...and not looking at her fingers. Holy cow. It took her a while, but she did it! I so wish I had her drive and ambition. I've been wanting to learn Photoshop for a while now, but do I sit down and teach myself? Nope. Waiting for someone to sign me up for a class or something. Maybe I should give Maddie the huge Photoshop book Jer got me and have her read it and then teach me.
3 comments:
we go through american girl books like water in our house.
Haha. I love your family. It sounds like you're all set for her birthday. I will definitely be "writing a note" when it's Jonathan's time.
My 8 year old loves the Alcatraz series by Brandon Sanderson. The first one is Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians. I've read them and they are really funny.
Post a Comment