Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh, Christmas tree!

I hate hate hate my Christmas tree. It is NOT pre-lit. It does NOT come apart in 3 nice parts. It has a bazillion pieces and I dread putting it up and taking it down every year. I asked the girls to help me take it down. Maddie got a book and sat on the stairs. Macie helped for about 2 minutes, then took my phone and played games. Lindsay earned her spot as the best daughter for the day...she helped take the whole dang thing down! She even took the lights off and tried her hardest to roll them up.

As she and I pushed all the bushy pieces into the tree bag, I held it closed while she zipped. It got to the end and the whole zipper just fell off.

"Uh, oh, Mom. Is this bad?" She says while holding the zipper in her hand.

"Darn it, no Christmas tree next year. We won't be able to get it out of the bag. Guess I'll have to buy a whole new tree."

3 comments:

Christi said...

We had a tree like that. I sold it in a garage sell before we moved. BEST decision I ever made. Now we have a "three parter" that's pre-lit and awesome.

Kristen said...

Augh. Ours is the same way. Maybe Jeramy and Ben bought them together. It was okay at first. But now I'm getting impatient and it's falling apart. Plus it's getting dusty - I guess one month every year adds up. We successfully got it out to the garage again but I'm not thrilled. Blech.

I'm shooting for a live tree next year. Maybe attempt #10 will work. You think?

Matt Bettilyon said...

I bought a pre-lit tree on a post-Christmas sale three years ago and it has been the bane of my Christmas decorating existence. The lights burned out on it just the same as they do on other strands and we had year after successive year of dwindling lights on the tree until this year when Rebecca and I spent 2 hours cutting them off and purchased some LED strands... I don't know if I'll ever go pre-lit again.