Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas

We probably have the only kids in the world that don't wake up at the crack of dawn to Christmas. Maddie set her alarm and we all crawled out of bed at 8. They were very happy with their gifts this year. One of my favorite moments was Macie opening her Toy Story figures and saying, "Oh, this is just what I have been wishing for."
After our morning festivities, we packed up and went to Idaho for the weekend. The kids had a blast playing with all of their cousins. You can't see it very well, but underneath each one of those little bums is a Pillow Pet. 7 pillow pets at Grandma's house - and we didn't even know that we had all bought them those stupid - I mean cute - pillows. Grandma Mary got each of those girls the sought after LaLaLoopsy doll. There was much rejoicing by all. I had to put the picture of Maddie and her cousin Kaden just because I love how much they look alike.

6 comments:

Adhis said...

Pillow Pets. I don't get them. They're pillows. With heads.

DEAR KIDS:
THEY'RE JUST PILLOWS! You're going to be so disappointed when you grow up and realize you were excited about PILLOWS!

Kristen said...

I hate to creep you out, but our kids have all the same pajamas as yours. Including Jeramy's Mario ones. Yup. It IS a little creepy. I can't wait to show Ben.

Kristen said...

Oh and Adhis - my kids are excited about pillows. Yours are excited about tables. You sure you want to go there? =o)

Heidi said...

Adhis, I bought them real pillows too and made sure they opened those first and said, " this is what you wanted, right?". Nervous laughs by each child...

Adhis said...

Heidi, that is awesome. Let them think mom has lost her cool factor and then -BAM!- Pillow Pets!

Kristen, my child is under no impression that her table is anything else but a table.

Kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Hehe.