Sunday, May 2, 2010

When will I learn?

Don't you hate it when you have those little promptings in your head and you just assume that it's you thinking and not a more divine messenger?

Exhibit A: Tuesday was our First Aid night for Girl's Camp. We had planned on doing dutch oven desserts for our treat. About 4 times during the day I thought to myself "Go to Cabela's and buy one of those charcoal warmer things like Dad has, just in case no one has one tonight." And yet, I didn't go. When it came time to start our coals for the dutch oven - all we had was a lighter and a bunch of wind. Needless to say, we never got them lit and ended up having to take the cobblers to people's houses to be cooked. Had I listened, all would have gone MUCH smoother. (And yes, I went and bought a charcoal warmer Saturday).

Exhibit B: We were having some friends over for dinner Thursday night. All morning I kept thinking, "Just get Papa Murphies, it'll be easy and quick." And I kept telling myself, "No, I really want to make my Cafe Rio Chicken and dressing." So I went to the store, bought all the stuff I needed, drove past Papa Murphies and again thought I should just do pizza and shot down the idea. Came home, made guacamole, made the dressing, put the chicken in the crock pot and turned it on. Then I went to my mom's for the entire day. Came home about an hour before dinner and walked in the house and never got that amazing "whiff" of chicken. Odd. I went over and felt my crock pot and it was FREEZING! I thought maybe it had broke. Then I noticed that someone had broke into our house and unplugged it! Or maybe I never plugged it in. I guess we'll never know the truth. :)

Guess what we had for dinner?

Papa Murphies.
I made a mad-dash to buy it before our guests arrived. And well, we have been eating Cafe Rio chicken for the past 3 days because of the massive amounts I made.

Once again, had I listened, my night would have been a whole lot smoother, and we all wouldn't be sick of chicken.

We'll see if I have learned my lesson. Right now I'm feeling very strongly that I should go take my Sunday nap. I think I'll obey this time.

No comments: