Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer "bucket list'

I hate the term "bucket list."

Today I made a list of things that I want to do this summer.
If you want to join me for any, let me know
If you have any great ideas I'm missing, let me know, too.

1) find the "perfect park" with no swings and lots of shade
2) go to the splash pad in Highland

3) go to the splash pad in Herriman

4) Ward camp out

5) Island Park/yellowstone

6) Manti pageant

7) Castle Dale pageant

8) movie outside with the projector

9) drive in theater with friends

10) picnic in the canyon

11) hike timpanogos

12) run a 5K

13) run a 10K

14) Lagoon

15) hike to the "M" with Maddie...well, maybe just Jer and Maddie for that one.

16) Eat at that new pirate pizza place in Orem

17) hike to the Y

18) float the Provo River

19) 7 peaks

20) the zoo
21) This is the Place place.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Sounds a lot like my plans for the summer!! We should get together!

Janet said...

I grew up like 3 miles from Castle Dale. The pagaent there is awesome! You will love it. The Manti one is awesome too. :)

Sheree said...

How fun! I love those ideas.

Adhis said...

Ok, so we have a list, too, and I felt defeated after writing it. How the heck, for example, do you "#11) hike timpanogos" with kids?? Everything I wanted to do involved things our kids don't seem ready to do. So???

You're an expert mommy. What do I do?

Heidi said...

adhis, my kids are getting older. It's easier to do things with a 7 year old, 4 year old and almost 3 year old. #11 involves a backpack for Macie though.

Kristen said...

My bucket list for this summer:

Survive.

=o)

If you haven't picked out your location yet, I hear there's a great 10K in Oakley...

Jenni said...

I'd LOVE to join you in a 5k/10k!!!! Also, my grandparents live SUPER close to the highland splash pad so I may join you on that one too, if you'd like!!!!