Monday, May 17, 2010

The aftermath...

I woke up in the night sick.
So,
I took today off.
Maddie and Jeramy both offered to stay home and help me, but I said I'd be fine.
I slept a lot.
I read the entire 4th Fablehaven book.
That's about all I did.
I looked up the dictionary definition of "aftermath" here are the results:

1. A consequence, especially of a disaster or misfortune: famine as an aftermath of drought.
2. A period of time following a disastrous event: in the aftermath of war.

Today I had the misfortune of being sick. Tomorrow I will have to clean up the above pictured mess, plus do all of my "Monday things" plus my "Tuesday things" tomorrow will be the day after a disastrous event...me taking the day off.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes better!

(I love this kid, even if she demanded I get out of bed about a million times today and drove me nuts...and she caused 1/3 of the aftermath...more like 3/4 of it).

4 comments:

Marie said...

Yikes Heidi! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. And I'm especially sorry about the aftermath!!

Kristen said...

I wonder why it's called afterMATH. Sprry you get to deal with it. Good luck!

On a positive note, I LOVE Fablehaven! Wasn't it great?

Kristen said...

Sprry for typing "sprry." I hope you know what I meant.

Russ Steele said...

Put your visiting teachers to work. You can promise them donuts and bagels.