Friday, May 28, 2010

The end

Today was the last day of school. I can't believe how fast it went this year. I really really really didn't want to send Maddie today, but she insisted - with tears.
School started at 8:45. School got out at 10:15.
And yes, I am that mom...I made this sign while she was at school.
(Go Huskies...I really didn't think about the colors until I hung it up)
After that riveting day at school, we headed up to Gygi's for a cooking class. It was actually a field trip for preschool, but we let all the "big kids" come since they were out of school. Heather was kind enough to get us in and she did an amazing job feeding our million kids. She had hats for them to color on, she had them make "magic pudding" which changed colors, then sandwiches on a stick, and smoothies. My kids had a BLAST!
Macie keeps talking about going back and using that knife again. She loved cutting stuff. At dinner she put her tortilla on the table and said, "Mom, can I save this and cut it next time we got that one place with the hats?"

So, it's time to bring on summer.
My next post will be my AMAZING list of things I'm planning on doing this summer.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

I hope that AMAZING list is posted soon. We're going on a staycation next week. And we have little clue what to do.