Friday, April 30, 2010

The fight is on...

Who's going to win???
Probably not me.
Macie is 2 years 9 1/2 months old.
She's smart. Probably smarter than me.
I decided that I'm done with diapers.
She, however, is not done with diapers.
Yesterday I ran out of diapers and told her that was the end.
She cried.
"I'm still a baby...I want my diapers."
Who wouldn't though? Someone else to wipe your bum for you, not having to stop playing to go potty, she knows she's got a good thing going right now.
Grandma promised her a Barbie if she goes 10 times.
Maddie promised her a dollar.
Dad will take her to Maverick to pick a treat.
I made her a potty chart to keep track with sparkly pink stars.
We've told her she can get a big girl (twin) bed if she wears underwear.
No luck yet. I've gone through 4 pull-ups. I let her go...commando...that lasted 5 minutes and she peed on the floor.
She shows no interest at all.
Do I wait until it's her idea?
Do I keep on trying?
Do I send her to my mom's for a week and pray she comes back potty trained?
I like that idea.
This is going to be tough.
It's not like there's a big hurry, right?
It would be sooo nice to have the Wakewii home a diaper-free zone.
But hey, at least she's got a cute new haircut!

7 comments:

Adhis said...

Wow- I don't think I'd even bother training if she wasn't interested in growing out of diapers! I'd probably try planting seeds though by thinking aloud to myself: "Gee, I wonder if Cinderella wears diapers or if she wears underwear. Hmmm..."

JGEM said...

That's how Meg is. Absolutely NO interest. The only benefit is I tell her she can't wiggle or cry when I put her clothes on, that if she wants to do it herself she should give up diapers. So she holds still. I think it's my consolation prize.

Tarina said...

My Kara was like that for a long time and I choose not to fight the battle. It was worth the wait for us. Once she did it, we had no accidents and that was the end. Total success in two days. It was great!!

Jess and Jen said...

I would wait until she was ready. But I'm pretty lazy. I don't like cleaning up those messes. I'm definitely a fair-weather potty-trainer! Good luck!

OUR Coop said...

So Karleigh is 2 and 8 months and I am going through the exact same thing. Except if she is commando she will use the potty but if you put any underwear, pants, or anything she just doesn't pay attention. I am so frustrated. I am giving up the battle but we only do pullups around here. my neighbor said her little girl was like this and she just did it when she was ready. WEll I wish you luck!!! And me. He hehehe ;)

Jon and Aim said...

I would tell Mollee when she was wearing pull ups that if Cinderella's flowers disappeared that Cinderella would be very sad and cry. She told me that she wanted Cinderella to cry . . . Ugh . . . finally after I gave up several months later, she told me that she was ready to pee in the potty now because she was 3 and a big girl. Go figure!!

Jenni said...

Rem was 3 and a few months when I decided to potty train him. He is the type to NEVER show interest. I followed the 3 day potty training method and it worked for us! I can send you the program if you want. Just let me know.

I just some kids are ok w/ being in diapers forever if they aren't pushed. KWIM?