Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shelby

***There is music on my blog today, turn down your speakers!!***


I love this girl.
I love all my nieces, but this one lets me have a glimpse into her thoughts and feelings through her blog, so even though she is all the way across the country, I feel like I know her.
She is so strong!
I'd like to think that if I were a teenager again, and growing up in Florida, I'd be as strong and brave as she is.
She is surrounded by so much evil and so many people making wrong choices, I'm so glad that she's making the right ones!
I love her "modest mormon dress" for prom.
I love that she is a great leader at school and church.
I love that she blogs about her choices in life and openly talks about her religion and how grateful she is for the Lord.
I love that she keeps my sister in line.
I love that I know she hates gathering the eggs from the chickens, and that she loves her crockpot as much as I do.
I am grateful to have her as an example.
I learn from her daily.
Love you, Shelby Jean!
(the 2 songs on my playlist are some of the songs we're trying to decide between for our girl's camp theme song. Whenever I hear them, I think of all my beautiful nieces).

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for Shelby! I'm definitely snooping onto her blog now, just for today. =o)

THANK YOU SHELBY, for being you!

Forsyth Family Fun said...

OK this is sooo sweet. Thank you little sister for recognizing the girl I love. I am inspired by her everyday.

Amannda Ashby said...

When I was a kid my family lived in South Carolina for about three years of my life. I was just thinking the other day how different my life would be had we lived there when I was older. There were only three LDS kids at my school and one of the other kids was my brother. It is so good to hear about individuals that make good decisions no matter what others are doing around them. As a parent I sure hope that my kids will be strong enough to be the example. Thanks for sharing! I am exctied that you get to work with the girls for camp. What a fun time in life.

OUR Coop said...

Her dress is really pretty. I wonder sometimes why there are not more out there being modest. They are definatly just as pretty and if not prettier than most out there. I was never one to let it all hang out. Anyway sounds like you have a great niece and your sister in that pic I thought was you. Cute Cute girl!