So, you guys know I totally love the holidays. Well, St Patricks day kind of snuck up on me.
Monday night Maddie called me in to her room and said, "Mom, I want to make a surprise treat for my sisters. I want to get gold coins and leave a trail to a treat." I was all for it and went to 2 stores looking for gold coins the next day for her. No luck. (Isn't this supposed to be a lucky holiday?) At that point, I gave up on the holiday.
I woke up with a terrible cold the morning of, so that totally didn't help.
I did manage to make these cupcakes which I've been dying to try, and because they were green. My kids didn't like them. I'm not sure I liked them all that much, either. :( And I did make some green jell-o that went well with our....cough cough...Del Taco. (In my defense, I was really sick!!)
But my favorite part was Lindsay being sooo excited that it was "Thankspatrick's day" I corrected her about a million times, and she still didn't get it right.
I have already decided next year I will do better. I have loved reading all your blogs with the fun things you guys did, and I found this site and I already printed off the bingo cards, and I will be throwing an awesome party for the kids next year...start buttering me up now to get on the list of invites!
Maybe I should just pretend that tomorrow is Thankspatrick's day, eh??
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thankpatricksday! SO cute!
We didn't do anything either, I didn't even wear green. Ellie still doesn't even know the holiday exists. Too bad Maddie doesn't live with us!
It was our spring break so I felt extra obligated to make it a fun holiday for Jonathan. I'm a little bitter now that I ONLY get to have Easter decorations up for two weeks. There needs to be a bigger spread between the two!
We loved the cupcakes. I dumped in LOTS of extra lime juice though. And today we made sugar cookies to use up the extra frosting. Maybe you're not lime people?
Post a Comment