Friday, May 29, 2009

Graduation Day

Today was the big day for Madison. She officially graduated from Kindergarten. We are both so sad that school is done for the year. I really can't believe how fast it went and how much she's learned. When I was in kindergarten, school was all about playing with toys and nap time. School is NOT like that anymore! She amazes me daily with what she learns.
Maddie with Grandma and Grandpa Steele. I just love that where ever my Dad goes, he always can find someone he knows. I thought that as we were walking in and sure enough, he ran into an old teacher (that some of you might know as well - Mr. Hadlock from Hillcrest).
This is Maddie and her teacher. We were so lucky to have Mrs. Belnap. She was a great teacher! I think we were really spoiled this year - I hope she gets a good teacher next year, too!
My incredibly reverent child who always has her arms folded and looks like an angel. I just love Kingsley next to her that looks so excited about this graduation thing.

I really can't believe how old she is! It seems like just yesterday she was born. Like my mom said today, "You won't believe how fast time will fly and she'll be graduating from high school!" (She also said, "You think this makes you feel old, wait until your son passes the sacrament." (?) Uhh... yeah, that might be hard to see since we are missing one major factor here! Love ya, Mom!)
We had a great day, I'll blog more tomorrow about our day. I really should go back to bed, it is 4 a.m. - I just had a headache and was waiting for the Tylenol to kick in! :)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Lexi and Abby both had Mrs.Belnap and We love her! Maddie looks so cute. She is such a sweetie. Good Job Maddie!

Robin said...

Maybe mom was making a prediction!!! You have a boy in your future.
I loved Maddie's dress, there did you get it? Good luck keeping her smart during the summer! HAHAHA

Kristen said...

Moms are pretty smart. I think she knew what she was talking about. So that would be thirteen years from now.

Reverent? Jonathan was using his diploma as a telescope the whole time. Except for when he was sword fighting with the kid next to him. Maddie must have a better mom. Congrats Madison!