Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a week!

I wanted to title this post, "Ghetto fun week" but Jeramy insists that what we did wasn't ghetto. Tuesday night Maddie's school had Skate Night at ...Classic Fun Center. Many a Saturday night of my teenage years was spent there all decked out in my disco dress. It was so funny walking in - it smells the same, it looks the same, and hey, is that even the same DJ?? Who knows, all I know is that apparently YMCA and the HokeyPokey never go out of style, and neither does fluorescent carpet (Pretty sure that was there in the early 90's when I was). The girls had a BLAST, and we only had to pay $1 to rent Maddie some skates - skates that I probably wore when I was a kid.
They allow scooters now, so we took our little 3 wheeler. Jer and I took turns pushing Lindsay and Macie around. My back was killing by the end of the night! I was taking a break with the little girls while Jeramy was out with Maddie and Lindsay just says, "Mom, I'm going on my own." And she did! She got on the scooter and scooted away! This is odd because 1) you all know she never leaves my side 2) she just learned how to ride the scooter that night. She was pretty slow, but made it all the way around on her own!
We didn't get to stay long because Jer had a presidency meeting to go to, but it was long enough for me. Thursday nights I guess you can get in for $1 each person. I think it would be so fun to get a big group and go. Anyone interested??
Thursday night we went to Sticky Floor. If you live in Utah county, I think you all know where the sticky floor is. It's the $1.50 theater in AF. We had been promising the kids we'd go see Madagascar 2 for weeks, so we finally did it. (Yes, I know it comes out on video next week, but I'm a sucker for theater popcorn). I thought Macie did pretty well, Jeramy thought she was awful and will never take her again. How odd, since I held her the whole time and took her out. I guess the popcorn erases all evil to me. And hey - the floor wasn't even sticky!

And this morning we went to the church for service and breakfast. (this was not ghetto, by the way) I had written "ward party" on my calendar on the fridge. I should really start writing in pig latin now that Maddie can read. She saw it on the calendar and was SOOO excited! I had told her we would go if everyone was up and ready, so at 7:30, she took it upon herself to get us all up and ready. I'm glad we went, we cleaned all the chairs in the church and then had pancakes and some awesome egg/sausage/veggie stuff.

So all in all, we had a great, cheap week. (All right, so the dollar movie wasn't that cheap $6.00 to get us in, $11 on snacks). But it always amazes me the simple things that bring so much joy to my kids. We made 3 great memories this week, and didn't spend much doing it.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Adhis said...

The egg/sausage/veggie stuff WAS pretty good. (It also had hash brown stuff in it.) I would have never thought to mix them all together, but there ya go.

Jennica said...

Oh, darn I forgot...you must remind me of such things! =) Well, I am glad you guys had fun...we went shopping- I can't stop these days I tell you!!! I am sooooo in for a repeat $1 skate night, sounds SUPER FUN!!!!

Mandi Ward said...

Sounds like you had a fun week, we took the kids to see that movie 2 weeks ago. It was cute.

Jess and Jen said...

Fun week! I love the Sticky Floor name. But it is a must if it's a dollar theater right? Jess said Mary was a roller skater in her early years, we should all go sometime!

Janet said...

The girls wanted to go to that skate night thing so bad!! You are a much better mom than i am :) It looks like a fun week!!

Forsyth Family Fun said...

I dropped Dylan and his two friends off at the skating rink Friday night- He told me I was no longer allowed to come in and skate- Kids in middle school no longer let parents in I guess. Anyway- it brought back memories for me as well Heidi.

Tarina said...

Sounds like you had a fun 'ghetto' fun week as a family. I think I could hit up classic if they allow scooters. I'll admit I don't like skating very well.