Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Celstial Sunday


Today was the day we have been waiting 18 months for. Macie started nursery! Life is good. Last week was a bit overwhelming - our new class for the year is the 4 year olds - and there is 10 of them in our class, AND we are in the nursery classroom, so there are toys in the corner. Go ahead and try to convince 10 four year olds and an 18 month old that the toys are NOT to play with.

Macie gladly went to nursery this week, and Primary was surprisingly pleasant without her. Our class went well, too. I actually spent some extra time this week and cricutted little paper dolls to go with my stories and they LOVED it and LISTENED. It was amazing and well worth the 20 minutes it took to make them.

Also, have I mentioned that church is finally at the PERFECT time? No more 2:30 church. No more coming home in the dark. Yeah! I love Sundays!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Katy said...

How nice to be off that schedule from last year!

We have the four year old class in our ward, too.

Congrats on Macie graduating to nursery! We are still trying to convince Isaiah it is funner than attending our class...

OUR Coop said...

Lucky you. 1. Our church now is at 2pm not cool. 2. Macie goes to nursery. Colton has only stayed once. Now I am Preston's teacher the 6 yr olds and I am sure that he is going to want to come with me. Hopefully in March when Karleigh can go in nursery he will stay. wishful thinking. Sorry long comment!

OUR Coop said...

Lucky you. 1. Our church now is at 2pm not cool. 2. Macie goes to nursery. Colton has only stayed once. Now I am Preston's teacher the 6 yr olds and I am sure that he is going to want to come with me. Hopefully in March when Karleigh can go in nursery he will stay. wishful thinking. Sorry long comment!

Kat said...

Thank you so much for being such good teachers. :) Caden has been talking about "Choosing The Right" all day long. Not just for 5 minutes after church, but all day long. He wore his necklace for 3 hours before he took it off. You are great! I can imagine having them in a room full of toys is VERY hard.

Soccer Mom said...

It is soo great when your kids get to go to nursery and you actually get to listen to a lesson!!! Can we come to your church? Ours starts at 1 p.m. and we don't get home until after 4 p.m. It sucks!!!!

islandgirl said...

Macie was really good in Nursery, you wouldn't have guessed it's her first day! Every once in awhile she would look around and quietly say, "Mamma, Mamma?" Probably just wondering where you were. She'll understand soon enough. What a sweetie she is!

Tarina said...

Now we're stuck with the late church but I must say 4:00 is much better than 5:30, I think I might have gone inactive. No, not really :) I'm glad Macey went to nursery okay, we're still fighting with Holden and he's 2 1/2.

Meredith said...

You trying to show us up or something Heidi?? you and your cricutted dolls!!! haha I am loving this new time as well.. yesterday was so blissful :)

Jenn said...

I'm so glad Macie enjoyed nursery. We were a little scared how the youngest kids would handle the whole rotating thing. Also in regards to the toys in the room. We were going to put sheets over them if it was problems in the nursery. I hope with each week you find it getting easier and easier with your class.

Jess and Jen said...

Isn't it amazing to have no kids at church? Just in time to have another one right? Haha! I can't believe you have that big of a class... I'd petition for a split!

Kristen said...

I think I told you our ward takes kids at 12 months. I almost posted about it when Nicole started (8 months ago!) but I didn't want to start a riot. =o)