Friday, April 18, 2008

Stress Relief

I think my family felt sorry for me after my horrific day and invited me to go 4-wheeling for the day. It was totally spur of the moment and I sent Jeramy and email that said, "we're going 4-wheeling, don't wait up." Not even a minute later my phone rings, "What are you doing?" My Mom rode out with me and the girls. My dad and sister were already out there for Spring Break. It was really close by, but I can't tell you where it was or I'd have to kill you. We want to keep it for ourselves as much as possible. :)There is something so therapeutic for me being outdoors. I could feel myself recharging and thinking, "Life isn't so bad after all." Is that normal for all people or is it something I got from my Dad?
The girls made a "campfire" and sat around it in their little chairs for a while and talked. It was pretty cute.
Macie thought she was in heaven crawling around in the dirt. If she thought Thanksgiving Point had a lot to offer, she had no idea what the desert had instore for her. Sticks, sage brush, and her personal favorite - rabbit droppings.
Lindsay did really well this time on the 4-wheeler. She went out with me once and with Grandpa while us ladies played POUNCE in the trailer. Today she still keeps randomly saying, "I like Grandpa. He take me for ride on 4-wheeler."
So to my parents and sister, THANK YOU. Life didn't seem so bad when I got back. My kids had a great time. They eventually came clean and it was totally worth it! Jeramy is a little jealous though. :)

6 comments:

Forsyth Family Fun said...

Heidi-
That sounds like so much fun.
I remember when you were the little one riding around on the motor bike. Loved the pictures.
Isn't it great to have such a wonderful Dad- we are truly blessed.

Kristen said...

I love their little campfire! It looks like tons of fun. Lindsay is so cute with the helmet on. Surely Macie didn't EAT the droppings? You have a great family.

I know what you mean about the outdoors being therapeutic. That's the REAL reason we moved here. Even just tonight, I'm sure Ben was wondering why it took me 15 minutes just to feed the cats. Fresh air and open spaces cure everything, at least for me.

I'm glad you've recovered from your dentist experience. Sometimes we just need a little fun thrown in!

Kristen said...

Hey I just noticed how close you're getting on your Challenge. Awesome! You're almost there, keep it up. It's too bad I didn't start, or maybe I'd be almost finished too.

Adhis said...

I bet Jeramy wasn't a bit jealous of your dentist experience though!

Like that old saying goes: Good things come to those who witness their daughter biting the dentist.

Aubrey said...

I went to the Cookie Cutter up in Draper. It was so cute and so fun. I was so impressed with how Hailey did and I am amazed at how much better her hair "behaves" now that its cut!

I'm sad I'm not your "boss" anymore too, but they will get someone really great in there, even better than me, I'm sure. I feel really great about my new calling though, and we'll see a lot of each other! I will miss my compassionate service calling though.

Jennica said...

Sounds like tons of fun!!! I am glad you were able to get some fresh air and a little break from your stress.