But I ran! Jeramy and I ran the Salt Lake City 5k on saturday. This was my first running race ever. (My friend Kristen and I pushed our double strollers on a 5k in Oakley many moons ago). I've been running at home and I really don't enjoy it. BUT, Jeramy is a runner and I wanted to try it out - for him.
He was such a good sport and stayed by my side the entire time. When I wanted to stop, he would push me on. When I got angry and would finally stop, he would only let me walk until 'the next sign.' I was pretty annoyed with him, but glad he pushed me. (I only walked twice for about 2 minutes each time).
I finished about 2000 out of 3000. It took us about 39 minutes. Not that great of a time, but for me I'm pretty proud. Jeramy is already planning out my racing career. I think it might have ended when it began. We'll see.
(I know my picture isn't that great. Maddie took it for me and from her height looking up at me, I looked a lot more beefy than I wanted to, so I had to crop a little. :))
8 comments:
Way to go Heidi!! A 5k is a great accomplishment. 3 miles is nothing to sniff at! I don't blame you if your running career has already ended. I have to start training again and I am not sure I'm up for it. Running is a love/hate relationship:)
You are better than me! I would have NEVER done that. I HATE running...in fact I hate exercising, which is a problem since I want to loose weight...haha
And here I was just thinking how slim you look! Way to go Heidi, we are proud of you (for so many reasons)!!!!
Look at you! Good job! I'm proud that you've moved on from the stroller days. 3 miles! Congrats to Jeramy too, it sounds like he was a great coach/partner.
I think you look just great in the picture. But it does make me wonder how I look from my kids' perspective. =o)
Wow, I'm so impressed! I can't even walk a marathon, little alone run one....way to go!!
How fun!
Last year, Dave and I walked the Susan G. Komen 5K (he was sick) and were planning on running it this year. (Who thought we would have been pregnant??)
Again, how fun!
Hey Heidi, this is Amy Livingston. I came across your blog from Kristen Nielsons. Way cute! And i have to say YOU GO GIRL on the running. I could never do that! check out my blog at livingstoncrew.blogspot.com
Congrats - ask jeremy if remembers going jogging with me at USU. He did always like running - maybe he should step it up and run a marathon!!!
Running is hard work at first but once you get into it, it gets a to be addicting so be careful it just might be the start of your running career.
I love your blog -it is great fun to read. Tell jeremy i said hi.
love you guys - and wish we could see you more than we do. I am hoping to have a little summer dinner for the family this year to catch up so I will be in touch.
mist
Post a Comment