Sunday, April 27, 2008

Breakfast

For those of you who don't know - we are NOT early risers. But for some reason on Saturday, we were all up at 7:30 and ready to get the day going. Jeramy went for a run while I got the kids ready. Then we took them to McDonald's for breakfast. Apparently breakfast at McDonalds is something we have never done because Maddie was hysterical about having to eat a hamburger for breakfast, and Lindsay was excited about fries.
Then Lindsay got her food and started to cry, "Where's my fries???" So Jeramy - being the fast thinker that he is - tells her that the hash browns are 'breakfast fries.' She looks at it, dips it in the ketchup and decides breakfast fries are great. Even 'shulishus.' (Delicious). But this kid will eat anything with ketchup.
We had a similar problem on Thursday. I HATE breakfast for dinner, but decided to do it because Jeramy loves it. Once again, I must not do it very often because Maddie wouldn't eat breakfast for dinner and was so upset that I would even suggest it. "That's not right" she kept saying. She finally broke down and ate a pancake though.
And while I'm on the subject of food, do your kids ever make strange snacks? Maddie has been into making her own snacks lately which always consist of water and something else. The other day she brought me a cup of water with chocolate chips and OLIVES in it. I'm usually a good sport about trying her snacks, but this one made me want to throw up just looking at it.

2 comments:

A said...

We went to Golden Corral for my sister's birthday (sick and wrong, I know, but this is her favorite place...nevermind that my parents were willing to go anywhere she chose). For dessert, I was going to get Jackson ice cream but he followed me and saw a cupcake on the way. So I gave him one and then he decided he wanted ice cream on top of the cupcake. I couldn't figure it out but understood ice cream so I tried a bowl, a cone, and this was clearly not what he wanted. I finally understood and wondered where in the world he got the thought that you could put ice cream on top of a cupcake? Well luckily in this situation, the cupcakes there are dry and the frosting is hard, so I put some on it and it stayed.

Adhis said...

We used to make all sorts of snacks for our foster kids involving fruits, but it still surprised us when the 4-year-old asked us for kiwi and ketchup. I cringed but then thought, "hey, lycopene and fruit. Go for it!"

I never ate it, but I made it plenty of times.