If you ever ask Maddie what her favorite food is, you will hear that it is "mashed potatoes, gravy, pork chops, corn, jell-o and juice" all must be present to make it her favorite. Last night I surprised her with it. She was pretty excited. As we are eating she asks, "Mom, what do pork chops look like?" I say, "Look at your plate." "No Mom, I've never seen a pork chop." At that point I figure it out. Then she explains further, "We eat chicken and turkey, what does a pork chop look like?" So I proceed to tell her that there is no such animal as a pork chop and that they come from pigs. Lindsay breaks out in song... "E I E I O with a pig pig here..."
If you know me well, you know I don't really like meat and don't like to cook it and don't like to think about where it comes from. So by now, the pork chops are not looking so good.
Then she says, "Mom, how to we get turkey?" Sigh, "From the store." "No Mom, before that." I say, "I don't know." Silence. "Well, I know Mom. They chase the turkeys around until they catch them, then they cut off the parts we don't eat and then they cook them." And at that point, dinner was over for me. Gotta love her.
10 comments:
Oh Heidi! That is priceless!
It seems as though your girls need a trip to Florida. They would love watching the hens lay their eggs and then collecting them and then making scambled eggs. They would also love meeting Uncle Russell's cows while they are in the holding pen before the trip to the big hamburger and steak in the sky.
Jeramy's Dad used to raise cows...and then they would disappear and the freezer would be full. This city girl tried not to think too much about it. :) Maddie was too young to understand.
Ben came home from his fishing trip with Jonathan last summer and I found out they THREW THE FISH BACK. What's with you people? =o)
Hey I talked to alicia will lunch work for you on Tuesday the 29th at 10:30am at alicias? her mom is coming in town for a couple of weeks so she needed to move it out a bit. But then it can be on the calender. Let me know if you can. Alicia also said we could do it the Friday before the 25th. If that worked better for either of us. I can do either day no big deal. Just let me know what day you can for sure!
I am excited to see you and the girls. It has been forever.
Can I come too? Just kidding.
Heidi, I just found a cigarette butt that you left behind while you were sneaking your trailer off our property.
I forgot to mention on my post - your tractor knocked over our mailbox!
And yes, I mean our mailbox HERE. What is it with our mailboxes? I think that's our fifth since we've been married.
I think that one is still standing because it was ME that installed it that last time. =o) Aren't the numbers placed just perfectly?
But honestly, is this some kind of curse? Maybe I should build one into a brick foundation. I don't think our HOA would mind that. Wait, what HOA?
Oh, that was lovely dinner conversation!
I don't think you're raising the future president of PETA, which is probably for the best.
And there I was suggesting everything with lots of meat at the resturaunt....oops! I think I do that a lot :( Love the story...even though it made me a little nauseous! he he he
Post a Comment