Friday, February 1, 2008

President Hinckley




Well, Jeramy had this great idea to go down to the viewing today, so we left Macie at Grandma's and rode Trax down with the big girls. We had a Fun ride. We got downtown and walked until we found the end of the line...in the back of the Conference Center, only to find out 15 minutes later that we were in the wrong line because I had a purse, so we found the right line and waited and waited and waited. We did all right until the sun went down, then the girls started shivering and crying. After an hour and 45 minutes, I finally gave up. We weren't even in yet. I knew how bad Jeramy wanted to be there, so I was brave and said I would take the girls home on my own. We stopped at the Visitor's Center to stop the shivers and that was so nice. The girls really enjoyed it. Then we left and I saw the train coming, so I picked up Lindsay and started to run. We got there and I TRIPPED! Hello! How embarrassing. Everyone around, "Are you all right?"" I wanted to cry and die, but I was tough. I said, "Hey, at least we made it!" And the lady by me said, "uh, this is the wrong train, this is the University one." AHHH! All that for nothing! So we waited, more tears for being cold. A nice lady came over and talked to us and noticed Maddie's hands were bright red, so she sat and held her hands trying to warm them up. We finally got on the train and got back to Grandma's without any further problems. Luckily, we had 2 cars there, so we came home. Jeramy just got home and it's 10:45. He said it was nice, even though they rushed everyone past and didn't even let you stop.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We also went to President Hinckley's viewing....but we went on thursday...what day did you try to go? the line was long too but we waited inside which was nice and we had no teagen which was even better....but for us..they didn't rush us or anything...sorry about your not so fun experience.