Monday, February 25, 2008

For Jen and Jesse


We are living on our own private LAKE again. Our window wells are filling up at least 2 times a day and we've burned through the pump. :( So we had to buy a new one, got home and it doesn't even work! We'll be making a trip to the Home Depot tonight to replace it. The yard is totally flooded and I'm so bummed about all this snow/water/rain!
I had to put this picture up for Jen and Jesse. Every time I go out to pump the windows, our neighbors' Great Dane has to take a peek over the fence at me. It totally creeps me out. Jeramy just laughs, but I have this vision of the fence falling down and my poor little kids being trampled by a happy and friendly, but LARGE dog. Can Minnie see over the fence yet? And, where is your blog, Jen??
Happy Monday to all, I hope to actually accomplish something this week, but I'm not holding my breath!

6 comments:

Englishfam said...

Who's dog is that?! That is so crappy about your flooding! I talked to Shawna Rushton yesterday and they finished their basement about 4 months ago and their basement just flooded too. So annoying and what a bummer since you just finished it!! Call me if you need any help with anything! p.s. it was so fun to sit behind you at church yesterday, your girls are getting so big. Preston was making eyes at little Macie!! haha :)

Aubrey said...

Our basement is flooded too...maybe we should invest in a pump...I'm tired of having to wet/dry vac the stupid basement every time we get a little moisture. We have a drain in our yard, but I think we are going to have to extend it all the way out to the street...

Heidi said...

The dog (acutally, they have 2 Great Danes and a little dog) belongs to the Weisenburg's. They live in between Andy and Jennica and The Rushtons.

Jess and Jen said...

Jen's blogspot is almost ready. She has been working feverishly to get it done ... not. Anyway, that great dane doesn't look so great. Minnie could swallow it whole.

One nice thing about all the flooding is you could just have your girls (and Jeramy) bathe in it. No reason to let all of that good water go to waste.

Kristen said...

My fondest memory of "our" neighborhood was bailing water out of the window well with a bucket and a rope, while pregnant, getting soaked by the rain, while my 1-year-old was in the house screaming... The yard re-sloping seemed to fix it but I guess we're not there to know. I'm SO sorry you're going through that and sorry the pump finally died. I hope you figure out something that will work. Good luck!

Adhis said...

That's a freakin' huge dog! Great Danes always throw my sense of proportion off when I see them.

I whine because all of our neighbors' yards slope into our backyard, killing our tree. Instead, I should be thankful that all that water doesn't come into our basement.

Still... poor tree.