Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Party on!

I cannot believe that Macie is 7! She was my baby for so long that I have a hard time thinking of her growing up!  Jeramy and I did most of her birthday shopping and birthday party planning in St George.  When we picked the kids up from Malad, all I heard about were these cool block things that Tera had.  So, off to the store I had to go to buy some for her.  Stackadoos/Bristle blocks.
She also asked for roller skates which I thought she'd hate, but she really does great on them!
I let my girls have a "friend party" every other year and this was her year.  And she wanted a Frozen Party.  Frozen party we did.  I had so much fun with this one.
I love love love my dad's overhead projector.  So many cute big pictures were made for this party.  Olaf is my favorite.  We had a Frozen song lyric scavenger hunt, played pin the nose on Olaf, stack the ice cubes, roll a snowman and played with play dough.  We served melted snowmen, olaf noses, olaf arms, Sven's ice chips, and sandwich kabobs.
She had Xandria, Elle, Ryan, Becca and Eliza at her party.  Rylan is her best friend and he was a little hesitant being the only boy, but I'm so grateful he came!  We love that kid.
The cake could have been the death of all the fun though.  (The top left picture is my inspiration).  Late Sunday night I tried to make the sugar candy for the cake.  It turned out green! I could have cried.  Maddie was still up and told me it was going to be all right.  I was ready to just let it be green, but I decided to make one more batch.  Luckily it turned out.  Loved her cake! (And I'm so grateful that the Disney store got an order of the Frozen figures in on our way to St George!  They had been out for weeks!)
And I should mention that first thing in the morning of the party, Lexi hit mace in the eye.  Macie cried all morning about it.  I told her to knock it off.  It was the first day of swimming lessons.  She cried through the whole lesson.  I was not impressed.  I was mad.  Her party was right after swimming.  She would just burst into tears at her party about how bad her eye hurt.  I was embarrassed!  After the party, I called the doctor and they said to bring her in.  They put some drops in her eye and put a black light on it and you could see the scratch on her eye!  A corneal abrasion is the technical term.  Quite painful apparently.
I'm a terrible mom.
They gave her some numbing eye drops and a prescription for an antibiotic.  Happy birthday, Macie!


No comments: