Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lexi 15 months

After months and months of being a "pusher" of things, we now finally have a full-time walker!  Around 14 and a half months it all finally clicked and there was no turning back.  I'm so glad that she's finally walking around, even if it means she's into even more things!

Lexi is also finally sleeping through the night pretty consistently.  It's wonderful to get 8 hours of sleep again!  She goes to bed at 9 with her sisters and usually gets up at 8 with them. 

Bottles are also gone now.  It was harder for me than it was for her.  I finally just threw them away and she didn't even notice.  I did hang onto one.  I couldn't bring myself to admit we were really done with this phase.

She adores her sisters!  She loves getting all of their attention, but she's getting tired of them wanting to hold her, hold her hand and hug her all the time.  She's a walking girl now and doesn't have time for baby things like that. 

Her speech hasn't taken off like I thought it would.  Still about the same as it was when she was one.  We have a lot of sounds, but no full words other than "Dad."  She knows what the cow, horse,  puppy, pig, elephant, giraffe and dinosaur say though.  What does a giraffe say?  You'll just have to ask her to find out.  Every day it's different. 

1 comment:

Janet said...

I can't believe how big Lexi is! And SO cute!