Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lagoon!

We always look forward to our yearly trip to Lagoon.  This year it was super early, which was nice.  It wasn't too hot yet.  I think we are pretty much Lagoon professionals by now and have our routine down. 
Get there right when they open.
Divide and conquer. 
Jeramy, Lindsay and Maddie hit the big roller coasters.
Heidi, Lexi and Macie hit the carousel and train. 
Over and over again. 
Macie really hates rides.  She's totally content with the kiddie stuff.  In fact, her only request for the whole day was the baby boats. 
Yes, she's almost 6. 
I don't get it.
Lexi did really good!  I found that tiny magnetic writing thing right before we left and she played with it for hours.  She took a good nap, too!
We were not impressed with the new "tea cups."  Once you've been to Disneyland, it's hard to go to Lagoon.  Why does Lagoon seat belt you into everything, but Disneyland does not?  I don't get it.  It takes forever!

Highlight of the day for me...
Lindsay got stuck on Puff.
Alone.
No one would go on it with her, so she stood in line on her own, then got in and it started to go, then stopped.
Many mechanics were called in and it took forever.  They couldn't get the seat belts to release and finally had to just send the people on the ride to get the seat belts to unlock!  I kind of panicked for a minute watching her face, but she survived and now I'm sure none of my kids will ever want to ride it again!
We got our free ice cream at 3, let everyone choose one last ride, and we left at 4. 
Perfect day. 
And the only thing I rode was the train and the Terror ride. 

No comments: